X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
    Besides the fact it was on the road definitely uped the thrill. Be interesting to see which game was watched by more, I suspect.
    I can't imagine any game in a long time had better ratings that the Cubs in a close game 7.

Leave a comment:

• Iowanic
    replied
    Besides the fact it was on the road definitely uped the thrill. Be interesting to see which game was watched by more, I suspect.

Leave a comment:

• Francoeurstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
    Sounds like we are in agreement. Its too bad fame 7 of the 2011 WS was kinda a dud.
    Yea, I was hoping it would be another classic. I'm sure it was good for your nerves as a Cards fan though.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
    Well, I certainly thought the 2011 game was better, but the circumstances are what gave 2016 game 7 the edge IMO.
    Sounds like we are in agreement. Its too bad fame 7 of the 2011 WS was kinda a dud.

Leave a comment:

• Francoeurstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
    I think a 3 run deficit comeback by netting two in the 9th down to a final strike and then going down two in extras only to tie it with one strike left in the 10th and then walking it off with a HR in the 11th is still better. Regardless of who was playing.

What made this game so special was the fact that it was game 7 and that one team was about to break a massive tirle drought. I think 10 years from now when people look at the indivudual game itself, there will be several in recent decades that will rank better. Maybe not more significant, but better.
    Well, I certainly thought the 2011 game was better, but the circumstances are what gave 2016 game 7 the edge IMO.
    Last edited by Francoeurstein; 01-08-2017, 04:21 PM. Reason: God-awful grammar

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
    It appears so. Still can't get over that game 7. I've never seen anything like it.. and I thought game 6 of the 2011 WS would never get topped.
    I think a 3 run deficit comeback by netting two in the 9th down to a final strike and then going down two in extras only to tie it with one strike left in the 10th and then walking it off with a HR in the 11th is still better. Regardless of who was playing.

What made this game so special was the fact that it was game 7 and that one team was about to break a massive tirle drought. I think 10 years from now when people look at the indivudual game itself, there will be several in recent decades that will rank better. Maybe not more significant, but better.

Leave a comment:

• Francoeurstein
    replied
    It appears so. Still can't get over that game 7. I've never seen anything like it.. and I thought game 6 of the 2011 WS would never get topped.

Leave a comment:

• Iowanic
    replied
    Yep, seems it was.

Leave a comment:

• Hammerin Hank
    replied
    Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
    We have the sense not to gamble on the Sox, as we know we won't win, each and every year!
    And here I thought you were just being pessimistic. Really hasn't been a season to remember for the Sox though. Eaton has had one hell of a year though.

Leave a comment:

• Toledo Inquisition
    replied
    Originally posted by Hammerin Hank View Post
    A White Sox fan trying to gamble. Talk about living up to your reputation.
    We have the sense not to gamble on the Sox, as we know we won't win, each and every year!

Leave a comment:

• Hammerin Hank
    replied
    Originally posted by Toledo Inquisition View Post
    Make a little wager? If the Cubs win, I donate to a mutually acceptable charity of your choice, and if the Cubs don't win, you donate to a mutually acceptable charity of my choice?
    A White Sox fan trying to gamble. Talk about living up to your reputation.

Leave a comment:

• Toledo Inquisition
    replied
    Originally posted by dominik View Post
    Almost all projections have the cubs clearly the strongest Team in the Majors. of course a postseason is still quite a bit of luck and the Chance to not reach a WS is higher than reaching one for every Team but I think there is a good Chance that the cubs reach the WS in 2016.
    Make a little wager? If the Cubs win, I donate to a mutually acceptable charity of your choice, and if the Cubs don't win, you donate to a mutually acceptable charity of my choice?

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by dominik View Post
    Almost all projections have the cubs clearly the strongest Team in the Majors. of course a postseason is still quite a bit of luck and the Chance to not reach a WS is higher than reaching one for every Team but I think there is a good Chance that the cubs reach the WS in 2016.
    The Playoffs are still mostly a crapshoot. Once they make the playoffs...they will have about a 25%-30% chance of making the WS and about a 13%-15% chance of winning the whole thing.

No isolated/chosen team is ever 50% or more likely to go to the WS until the LCS starts.

Is a 25%-30% chance good? Maybe - but the other three LDS participants will have close to the same "good chance."

Leave a comment:

• dominik
    started a topic Is 2016 the year?

Is 2016 the year?

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X