2016 Cubs Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Cubs Season Thread

Fowler with the first hit of '16. Montero with the first HR. And barring the unexpected Arrieta will have his first win tonight.
    2016 World Series Champions

Cubs start the season 2-0 for the first time since 1995 when they won their first four games.

Comment

Kyle Schwarber leaves early in tonight's game after a collision with Fowler in the outfield. Early diagnosis is a sprained ankle. He will undergo an MRI tomorrow.

Comment

Kyle Schwarber out for year with torn knee ligaments:
        http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...ligaments.html
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Withe a Cubs win tonight, the team can tie Cincinnati and Pittsburgh for first place in the division.

Comment

The Shwarber injury makes a difference to me. Soler I felt would be further along and have been disappointed in what he has done. It is early, but there is a reason why Maddon hadn't been starting him prior to the injury. Curious what Baez's role may be now when he returns

Comment

Originally posted by Cap78 View Post
              The Shwarber injury makes a difference to me. Soler I felt would be further along and have been disappointed in what he has done. It is early, but there is a reason why Maddon hadn't been starting him prior to the injury. Curious what Baez's role may be now when he returns
              I'm not too worried aobut filling an outfield spot. Afterall, almost everyone on the roster has outfield experience thanks to Maddon. Baez and Bryant included. Soler's progress is worrying me too. Sometimes I call his at bat when he comes up to bat and I haven't been wrong yet when I predict a three-pitch strikeout.

Comment

Arrieta's homerun is tied for 13th longest hit by any player so far in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank View Post
                  Arrieta's homerun is tied for 13th longest hit by any player so far in 2016.
                  That doesn't seem right, there's already been a dozen home runs longer than 440'?
                  The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
                    That doesn't seem right, there's already been a dozen home runs longer than 440'?
                    http://www.hittrackeronline.com/inde...dist&sort=desc

I was surprised myself considering a distance of 460+ usually happens once a week.

Comment

The Cubs now are alone in first place and have the best record in the league. It took just a handful of games to get to the top. Let's see if they can hold on to it for another 155 games.

Comment

The Cubs increased their lead to 2 games over the Reds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank View Post
                          The Cubs increased their lead to 2 games over the Reds.
                          Standings, already? I never even pay attention to the standings until about mid-June. Other than the orioles (and Cubs now), I couldn't tell you who is leading any of the divisions.

Please make sure your boys beat-up on the wild card contenders for us. Thanks!
                          Last edited by Bothrops Atrox; 04-14-2016, 06:03 AM.
                          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
                            Standings, already? I never even pay attention to the standings until about mid-June. Other than the orioles (and Cubs now), I couldn't tell you who is leading any of the divisions.

Please make sure your boys beat-up on the wild card contenders for us. Thanks!
                            I wouldn't pay attention either if my team were tied for last place. But they're not.

Comment

The Cubs division lead improves to 2.5 games over the hated Cardinals.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X