Thats good baseball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats good baseball!

In the 4'th with a Tiger on 3'rd and one out the Cubs get out of the inning on the strength of Walker, perfectly placed, catching a line shot and Cedeno making a diving gem at SS. In the 5'th Walker "Neifi who" made a diving gem and Nevin a great scoop. Then, both Jones and Pierre made great catches in the OF. Most of all Pierre.

Thats good baseball and should lift a young pitcher. Verlander is a little wild so the Cubs can take this one. Blanco is seeing the ball great aint he? Unfortunatly their hitting with runners in SP is still atrocious.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

It doesn't help that the ump took a game-tying double away from Blanco.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
      It doesn't help that the ump took a game-tying double away from Blanco.
      Yeah, I didnt see it I got to the game late. They took away about 3 Ks from Zambrano the other day on pitches clearly on the outside corner. Anyway in the 6'th the Cubs got a strikeout/throwout DBL play, again good baseball. Then the kid struck out Inge. I like Marmol, I sure hope they score some runs for him.
      "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
        Yeah, I didnt see it I got to the game late. They took away about 3 Ks from Zambrano the other day on pitches clearly on the outside corner. Anyway in the 6'th the Cubs got a strikeout/throwout DBL play, again good baseball. Then the kid struck out Inge. I like Marmol, I sure hope they score some runs for him.
        Did that trip to Wrigley convert you back to a Cubs fan?

if so... that is cool, just change your avatar, and pull up a chair!
        Last edited by RBi; 06-17-2006, 03:48 PM.
        BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
          Did that trip to Wrigley, convert you back to a Cubs fan?

if so... that is cool, just change your avatar, and pull up a chair!
          Nope! Tho the only ones I hate are the Trib, and the gang of three "McPhail/Hendry/Baker". Ive always been a CHGO baseball fan. Runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs in the 6'th, down by 3, so naturally what does Baker have Cedeno do, with hot hitting Blanco following? He has him swing away and he strikes outh So Blanco follows with a fly to center that could have scored a runner on 3'rdh Eventually they get the bases loaded until the Tigers switch to a lefty, and Pierres hitting against a lefty follows predictability. 3 more left on with no runs. Pierre is pretty helpless with runners in SP.

Will this be another one lost by the management genius? With 4 innings left to play you have to play percentage and have Cedeno bunt the runners over. its not like he's a power hitter. Boy...is Baker bad!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X