prior's return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prior's return

prior is taking the mound in a few minutes against the detroit tigers. i've been waiting months for him to return. my fantasy team depends on him coming back to top form.

so cubbie fans, is he back for real? or he is going to be another kerry wood?

also, do you see yourselves getting back into the division race?

Originally posted by tonjes
    ...my fantasy team depends on [Prior] coming back to top form.
    Well, if the first inning of today's game is any indication...
    Last edited by nightotter; 06-18-2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nightotter
      Well, if the first inning of today's game is any indication...
      lord have mercy. what happened today?

Comment

And it aint over...the 8th homer was just hit by Detroit. Didn't this happen to us a few weeks ago? We broke a record that day. Good grief.

...did I just say good grief?

Comment

8 Homers Allowed

The announcers said it tied a team record. Anybody know what the Major League record is?
          Last edited by JohnGelnarFan; 06-18-2006, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonjes
            lord have mercy. what happened today?
            wind blowing out and prior not having command. deadly combination at wrigley. i think two of those homers were legit, but two just got caught in the 20 mph jet stream.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
              The announcers said it tied a team record. Anybody know what the Major League record is?
              Cubs let up 8 HR earlier this year to the Braves. I remember the broadcasters saying the ML record, but can't recall exactly how many.
              A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation. I didn't play the game right because I saw a reward at the end of the tunnel. I played it right because that's what you're supposed to do, play it right and with respect. If this validates anything, it's that learning how to bunt and hit and run and turning two is more important than knowing where to find the little red light at the dug out camera. - Ryne Sandberg

Comment

Baltimore has the ML record when they gave up 10 homers in a game to Toronto on September 14,1987.

Comment

Prior hasn't been much since Dusty pitched him into the ground in the play-offs a few years ago.
                  Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST
                    Prior hasn't been much since Dusty pitched him into the ground in the play-offs a few years ago.
                    he hasnt been the same since he took the line drive off the elbow last year. the use in 2003 is a convenient scapegoat, but its not really a valid one.

Comment

Originally posted by rockin500
                      he hasnt been the same since he took the line drive off the elbow last year. the use in 2003 is a convenient scapegoat, but its not really a valid one.
                      Yeah, prior to getting hit on the elbow, Prior was lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
                        Yeah, prior to getting hit on the elbow, Prior was lights out.
                        he seemed to become much more tentative on the mound after that. started nibbling too much instead of going after hitters like he used to.

Comment

I'm glad I didn't tune in until the fifth. I probably would've started crying if I would have been watching in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big C
                            I'm glad I didn't tune in until the fifth. I probably would've started crying if I would have been watching in the first.
                            yep, that 1st inning was pretty damned brutal. ugly is about the best word to describe it.

Comment

I watched from the first pitch, blaugh, talk about a huge let down. He'll be alright, he needs to gain back his command and he will.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X