No announcement yet.

prior's return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Long as He's healthy I cant see a guy like that going from having such good stuff, to having such lousy stuff, for long. He's going to improve, If he can stay off the DL, but I dont think He's ever going to be dominant. Keeping either him or Wood is a mistake. You really have to wonder what is wrong with Priors shoulder.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

TIME TO BACK UP THE TRUCK! what is wrong with our star players turning into complete garbage. i think that not only dusty should be fired, but rothschild, and clines as well. o and lets not forget that wonderful (sarcasm*) training staff we have. I just don't understand how we can be THIS bad.

Comment

prior

they should let prior and wood spend the rest of the year in the minors so they can get their stuff back and hope for the future

Comment

i retired from posting cause i can be kinda confrontational, which I apologize for. but i just wanted to say here.... When wood came back and got hit pretty decent everyone said dont worry about wins or losses, just hope he looks healthy and throws balls and strikes, and after the first mark seemed to get it. he may be ok guys. lets give him some more outings before we write him off just yet :gt

Comment

Originally posted by danman90
            they should let prior and wood spend the rest of the year in the minors so they can get their stuff back and hope for the future
            Except they will not be under contractual obligation to play for the Cubs next year. Prior has a one year for '06 with no obligation and Wood has an 13.5 m mutual option for '07, "which no-one sane thinks the Cubs will pay him, but you never know". He can also be bought out for 3 m in '07 to become a free agent. No matter what happens Wood is going to get a paycheck for 3 million next year.

You don't pay that kind of money to let pitchers throw AA ball in order to sharpen their skills, most of all when they are probably going to be somewheres else next year anyways. You pay it to get people in the park at Clark&Addison buying nachos and $5 Buds. Or did you think this was about winning?

Why do you think they keep rushing these guys back anyways? And why do the Cubs keep spinning the perennial fantasy of, "wait until Wood and Prior come back"? They ought to just etch it onto the wall with sandblasters. This organization reminds me of the guy who always brags about sleeping with girls but never has the salt to ask one to dance.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by danman90
              What exactly would that do positively for the Cubs?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X