X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipsander
    replied
    Originally posted by danman90
    they should let prior and wood spend the rest of the year in the minors so they can get their stuff back and hope for the future
    What exactly would that do positively for the Cubs?

Leave a comment:

• Whitesoxnut
    replied
    Originally posted by danman90
    they should let prior and wood spend the rest of the year in the minors so they can get their stuff back and hope for the future
    Except they will not be under contractual obligation to play for the Cubs next year. Prior has a one year for '06 with no obligation and Wood has an 13.5 m mutual option for '07, "which no-one sane thinks the Cubs will pay him, but you never know". He can also be bought out for 3 m in '07 to become a free agent. No matter what happens Wood is going to get a paycheck for 3 million next year.

You don't pay that kind of money to let pitchers throw AA ball in order to sharpen their skills, most of all when they are probably going to be somewheres else next year anyways. You pay it to get people in the park at Clark&Addison buying nachos and $5 Buds. Or did you think this was about winning?

Why do you think they keep rushing these guys back anyways? And why do the Cubs keep spinning the perennial fantasy of, "wait until Wood and Prior come back"? They ought to just etch it onto the wall with sandblasters. This organization reminds me of the guy who always brags about sleeping with girls but never has the salt to ask one to dance.

Leave a comment:

• Santo4HallofFame
    replied
    i retired from posting cause i can be kinda confrontational, which I apologize for. but i just wanted to say here.... When wood came back and got hit pretty decent everyone said dont worry about wins or losses, just hope he looks healthy and throws balls and strikes, and after the first mark seemed to get it. he may be ok guys. lets give him some more outings before we write him off just yet :gt

Leave a comment:

• danman90
    replied
    prior

Leave a comment:

• aramis4president
    replied
    TIME TO BACK UP THE TRUCK! what is wrong with our star players turning into complete garbage. i think that not only dusty should be fired, but rothschild, and clines as well. o and lets not forget that wonderful (sarcasm*) training staff we have. I just don't understand how we can be THIS bad.

Leave a comment:

• Whitesoxnut
    replied
    As Long as He's healthy I cant see a guy like that going from having such good stuff, to having such lousy stuff, for long. He's going to improve, If he can stay off the DL, but I dont think He's ever going to be dominant. Keeping either him or Wood is a mistake. You really have to wonder what is wrong with Priors shoulder.

Leave a comment:

• Lipsander
    replied
    I watched from the first pitch, blaugh, talk about a huge let down. He'll be alright, he needs to gain back his command and he will.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big C
    I'm glad I didn't tune in until the fifth. I probably would've started crying if I would have been watching in the first.
    yep, that 1st inning was pretty damned brutal. ugly is about the best word to describe it.

Leave a comment:

• The Big C
    replied
    I'm glad I didn't tune in until the fifth. I probably would've started crying if I would have been watching in the first.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by otis89
    Yeah, prior to getting hit on the elbow, Prior was lights out.
    he seemed to become much more tentative on the mound after that. started nibbling too much instead of going after hitters like he used to.

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    Originally posted by rockin500
    he hasnt been the same since he took the line drive off the elbow last year. the use in 2003 is a convenient scapegoat, but its not really a valid one.
    Yeah, prior to getting hit on the elbow, Prior was lights out.

Leave a comment:

• rockin500
    replied
    Originally posted by KCGHOST
    Prior hasn't been much since Dusty pitched him into the ground in the play-offs a few years ago.
    he hasnt been the same since he took the line drive off the elbow last year. the use in 2003 is a convenient scapegoat, but its not really a valid one.

Leave a comment:

• KCGHOST
    replied
    Prior hasn't been much since Dusty pitched him into the ground in the play-offs a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Chisox73
    replied
    Baltimore has the ML record when they gave up 10 homers in a game to Toronto on September 14,1987.

Leave a comment:

• E.Banks#14
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnGelnarFan
    The announcers said it tied a team record. Anybody know what the Major League record is?
    Cubs let up 8 HR earlier this year to the Braves. I remember the broadcasters saying the ML record, but can't recall exactly how many.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X