Tigers feasting on the Cubs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers feasting on the Cubs..

If someone before the start of the series between the Cubs & Tigers, TOLD ME that
    the TIGERS would tear the Cubbies up bad..I would have said..' NO WAY '...

I figgered Detroit winning maybe two games..and by closer scores...but to brutally
    destroy the Cubs pitching staff..and shell shock the club..is a little mind boggling
    to say the least..I will say, Detroit has come a long way from that horrible 2003
    season..losing 119 times...Jimmy Leyland , has really got the club, buying into
    his way..and the country club atmosphere of Previous Skipper Alan Trammel
    was sent packing...Great to see the re birth of the Tigers, as beloved Tiger stadium
    ( 1912-1999 ) is set for the wrecking ball, come October...

Actually, CoMerica ( COPA ) ain't a bad place to see the Tigers...

over the weekend..did anyone see some-or-all-the games with Detroit ?

Are they gonna knock down Tiger Stadium? That's a shame. I was lucky enough to get to a game there in 1998. Truly a great place to enjoy a game, and I would love to see it preserved for posterity's sake.

And if someone would've told me that the Tigers were going to destroy the Cubs, I would definitely have believed them. And it's a shame that Jim Leyland won't be available to take over for Dusty. I would much prefer him to Dusty "the players are perfect" Baker.

Comment

Leyland & the Tigers

Originally posted by The Big C
      Are they gonna knock down Tiger Stadium? That's a shame. I was lucky enough to get to a game there in 1998. Truly a great place to enjoy a game, and I would love to see it preserved for posterity's sake.

And if someone would've told me that the Tigers were going to destroy the Cubs, I would definitely have believed them. And it's a shame that Jim Leyland won't be available to take over for Dusty. I would much prefer him to Dusty "the players are perfect" Baker.

YEAH, sad but true..the corner is scheduled for the wrecking ball in the fall..after 94 years...saw many games there from the mid 1950's, to the last game against the Royals in 1999...it was one of the best places to see baseball, etc...sadly, the city of Detroit, did everything they could to give the olde gal, a death sentence..I sure hope remaining gems like Fenway & Wrigley, don't suffer similar fates..but the new park is good and classy...despite what some die hard tiger fans are meowing..

Shame you guys didn't dump Baker, and snatch up Jimmy Leyland..when Leyland was
      looking for work..can you believe the PHILLIES turn Leyland down, and chose Charlie Manuel..? Leyland has done a great job re charging the once tooth less Tigers..

Comment

It really is too bad about Tiger Stadium. I'm not a Tiger fan, but I got to see a game there. My friend is a huge Tiger fan and he never got to go to a game there, which is sad. He and I are both only 17, so neither of us had the capability to go there alone. I was just fortunate enough that my little league team went to a game there.

Other stadiums I would like to see in person are Fenway, Yankee Stadium, and Dodger Stadium. Obviously I would like to go to all of them, but those three especially. I've been to Wrigley, and I managed to go to Busch Stadium about 5 years ago.

I envy the "old-timers" around here and elsewhere that got to see baseball played in many of those old stadiums that have long since been left behind.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X