Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aramis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aramis

    I have been around here lately and I have been hearing all the things about Aramis not hustling. I am sick of it, i mean the guy has got bad legs, give him a break. And if anyone saw the game tonight, in the top of the 1st, he was busting a$$ down that line. I know there have been alot of these threads but i'm new here and i just wanted people to know how I feel.

  • #2
    Originally posted by aramis4president
    I have been around here lately and I have been hearing all the things about Aramis not hustling. I am sick of it, i mean the guy has got bad legs, give him a break. And if anyone saw the game tonight, in the top of the 1st, he was busting a$$ down that line. I know there have been alot of these threads but i'm new here and i just wanted people to know how I feel.
    Whats wrong with his legs? He signed a 42 m contract in '05, with an additional 11 m guaranteed in '09 If he plays in 270 or more games in '07 and '08. Somehow I think He's going to get his legs thru '07 and '08 for 11 million, "not that He'll need the dough by then". I don't guess it ever occurred to Hendry to have the guys legs checked before committing 53 million $$ on him did it?

    That entire team is underperforming and the high priced bonus babies should be feeling the heat more then anyone. My gut feeling is Aramis is "not" dogging it out there. At least when Ive seen him play. But He's still underperforming.

    His legs? If he wants to see "bad legs" tell him to go visit a Veterans hospital. He'll find a new meaning of 20 somethings with "bad legs", or "no Legs". When I watch the Cubs play I see a lot of guys who cant wait to get out of that park and into the fancy free cars with dealer plates parked on Clark str.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

    Comment


    • #3
      Ramirez has a history of leg injuries. Last year, near the end of the season, he strained his quad hustling down the first base line. Even if he doesn't hustle all the time, can you blame him for wanting to stay healthy?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
        Whats wrong with his legs? He signed a 42 m contract in '05, with an additional 11 m guaranteed in '09 If he plays in 270 or more games in '07 and '08. Somehow I think He's going to get his legs thru '07 and '08 for 11 million, "not that He'll need the dough by then". I don't guess it ever occurred to Hendry to have the guys legs checked before committing 53 million $$ on him did it?

        That entire team is underperforming and the high priced bonus babies should be feeling the heat more then anyone. My gut feeling is Aramis is "not" dogging it out there. At least when Ive seen him play. But He's still underperforming.

        His legs? If he wants to see "bad legs" tell him to go visit a Veterans hospital. He'll find a new meaning of 20 somethings with "bad legs", or "no Legs". When I watch the Cubs play I see a lot of guys who cant wait to get out of that park and into the fancy free cars with dealer plates parked on Clark str.
        hes always had bad wheels. comes from the days in pittsburgh. very prone to strains.

        he's underperforming sure, but at least he has finally shown signs of coming out of it. it still needs to get better, but it IS improving. he's also a notoriously slow starter and its now june, so expect aramis to be back to his norm by the break.

        Comment


        • #5
          He appears to be swinging better. His defense this year has probably been better then average. The Cubs are a different team on the road and this is why Ive been saying that when home they have to let go of the pressure and just have fun playing ball.
          "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
            Whats wrong with his legs? He signed a 42 m contract in '05, with an additional 11 m guaranteed in '09 If he plays in 270 or more games in '07 and '08. Somehow I think He's going to get his legs thru '07 and '08 for 11 million, "not that He'll need the dough by then". I don't guess it ever occurred to Hendry to have the guys legs checked before committing 53 million $$ on him did it?

            That entire team is underperforming and the high priced bonus babies should be feeling the heat more then anyone. My gut feeling is Aramis is "not" dogging it out there. At least when Ive seen him play. But He's still underperforming.

            His legs? If he wants to see "bad legs" tell him to go visit a Veterans hospital. He'll find a new meaning of 20 somethings with "bad legs", or "no Legs". When I watch the Cubs play I see a lot of guys who cant wait to get out of that park and into the fancy free cars with dealer plates parked on Clark str.
            O I'm sorry Mr. Whitesoxnut, did i bring up his salary at all in my first comment? No.
            Last edited by E.Banks#14; 06-19-2006, 09:19 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by otis89
              Ramirez has a history of leg injuries. Last year, near the end of the season, he strained his quad hustling down the first base line. Even if he doesn't hustle all the time, can you blame him for wanting to stay healthy?
              Wasnt Aramis hurt almost the last third of the season? Srry but I don't remember what it was that he injured.
              Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ZR56664
                Wasnt Aramis hurt almost the last third of the season? Srry but I don't remember what it was that he injured.
                yes indeed it was his quad that he hurt the last 40 games or so. tis why nomar was playing 3rd that last part of the season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by aramis4president
                  O I'm sorry Mr. Whitesoxnut, did i bring up his salary at all in my first comment? No.
                  For the salary Ramirez is making, you'd hope he'd be hustling. That's the point he was making. When times are hard, the stars are the one who take the heat.
                  Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                  Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                  Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                  Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by aramis4president
                    O I'm sorry Mr. Whitesoxnut, did i bring up his salary at all in my first comment? No.
                    And your point is?
                    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      you brought it up, thats my point. i never did. regardless, it doesn't matter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well, he is hot with the bat now and to good a hitter to stay down forever. Looking at any players stats this kinda thing happens to about everyone. Right now Aramis, and the rest of the Cubs, need to just forgetabout the 41,000 in the stands, the lousy W-L record, the newspapers...ect And just play quality baseball. If they can play quality baseball, and develop some of these kids, then the season isn't lost.

                        Theres no guarantees for the Sox this year either. The days of baseball and WS dynasties are long over. I just want to watch quality baseball that's all.
                        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X