C: Gabby Hartnett, Johnny Kling
    1B: Cap Anson, Frank Chance
    2B: Ryne Sandberg, Billy Herman
    3B: Ron Santo, Stan Hack
    SS: Ernie Banks, Joe Tinker
    LF: Billy Williams
    CF: Hack Wilson, Jimmy Ryan
    RF: Sammy Sosa, Bill Nicholson
    SP: Fergie Jenkins, Rick Reuschel, Mordecai Brown, Clark Griffith, Pete Alexander
    RP: Lee Smith, Bruce Sutter, Carlos Marmol, Don Elston, Dutch Leonard

How many games would this team win against 2016 competition if all of these Cubs players were together in their Cubs prime?

The way I see it is the starting rotation would be the best in baseball with easily the best bullpen. The lineup far and away the best in baseball. Excellent bench as well. All that said 120 wins should be possible.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 10-31-2016, 09:06 PM.
    My dream ballpark dimensions
    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
    Location....San Diego

I think however you qualify players at each position led to your omission of Ernie Banks, since he split his time between shortstop and first base. Banks played slightly more time at first base but he played in his prime as a shortstop so I would replace Dahlen with Banks.
    2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Copying error....corrected!
      Location....San Diego

Comment

Batters: Jimmy Ryan, Bill Lange and Mark Grace should probably be on that team somewhere.
        Pitchers: Charlie Root?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
          Batters: Jimmy Ryan, Bill Lange and Mark Grace should probably be on that team somewhere.
          Pitchers: Charlie Root?
          Jimmy Ryan is on the list. Bill Lange ahead of....Bill Nicholson? Not really seeing that. Mark Grace ahead of HOFer Frank Chance?? Don't really see that one either. Charlie Root won over 200 games for the Cubs but only had a 111 ERA+
          Location....San Diego

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X