No announcement yet.

Mariotti's Latest Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Ozzie Guillen doesn't think much of Mariotti either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2494491
    Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST

Yeah, I read that a few minutes ago. That is hillarious.

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST

Yeah..........again.........Ozzie has to start using his head before he opens his mouth. Like it or not he's a public figure and he's playing right into this guy hands by creating this kind of controversy. That newspaper is going to sell out the next time this guy writes his column because of what Ozzies said. Why contribute to Mariottis job security?

Ozzie is going to have to grow a thicker skin and learn he cant fight everyone, or say and/ do anything he wants. If he didn't have a WS trophy, and currently coaching a contender, he'd be feeling a lot more heat for his escapades. Chicago is very forgiving to a winner. But the day will come when he's losing and sitting in the dugout chewing toothpicks while mumbling to himself and there's going to be a lot less love in town for him.

The best thing to do with a Mariotti is ignore him. That way you marginalize him. That goes for either Dusty or Ozzie.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Like Mariotti or not, he says many things that make a lot of sense and I wind up agreeing with him most of the time.

I don't really want Brenly in there either but I know for sure who I DON'T want in there and thats Baker. So if Brenly is all there is right now, then let him try. Like Mariotti said, and I have been saying for a long time, the Cubs should have went and gotten Leyland or Lou Pinella. Two good fundemental coaches that aren't afriad to kick the guys into gear. At least maybe Brenly will run a suicide squeeze once in a while to manufacture a run whereas Baker will NEVER do that. The whole time he has been in Chicago, I saw him run it one time!
          Tinker, Evers, Chance & Steinfeldt: The nucleus of our elite World Series teams!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TRIPxCORE
            Like Mariotti or not, he says many things that make a lot of sense and I wind up agreeing with him most of the time.

I don't really want Brenly in there either but I know for sure who I DON'T want in there and thats Baker. So if Brenly is all there is right now, then let him try. Like Mariotti said, and I have been saying for a long time, the Cubs should have went and gotten Leyland or Lou Pinella. Two good fundemental coaches that aren't afriad to kick the guys into gear. At least maybe Brenly will run a suicide squeeze once in a while to manufacture a run whereas Baker will NEVER do that. The whole time he has been in Chicago, I saw him run it one time!

So, which is it, "NEVER" or "one time"?
            Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
              So, which is it, "NEVER" or "one time"?

Oh, you know what I mean. There are plenty of times Baker could have utilized that play and never did because he doesn't like manufacturing runs and playing small ball. He is a hard-headed, old stuck in the mud coach. Why do you think he keeps trotting Neifi Perez out there everyday?
              Tinker, Evers, Chance & Steinfeldt: The nucleus of our elite World Series teams!!!!

Comment

To be honest, I respect a man for saying what he thinks. There's too much being politically correct these days. There is no gray area talking with Ozzie, he lets you know what he thinks of you. :grouchy

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
                  To be honest, I respect a man for saying what he thinks. There's too much being politically correct these days. There is no gray area talking with Ozzie, he lets you know what he thinks of you. :grouchy
                  No problem with that. But the entire mess, all his messes, take center stage away from the one thing that matters. The game!
                  "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X