Mad-Dog=Bad-Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad-Dog=Bad-Dog

he hasnt had a quality start in a while now. Are the cubs actually considering resigning him after the way he has struggled after april? he went 5-0 in april and has gone 2-6 since, and already off to a terrible start tonight in cleveland. I have a very hard time seeing him back next season. Thoughts?

Originally posted by aramis4president
    he hasnt had a quality start in a while now. Are the cubs actually considering resigning him after the way he has struggled after april? he went 5-0 in april and has gone 2-6 since, and already off to a terrible start tonight in cleveland. I have a very hard time seeing him back next season. Thoughts?
    A record of 2-6 is pretty good for a team with the worst offense in baseball.
    2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
      A record of 2-6 is pretty good for a team with the worst offense in baseball.
      I'm not sure who you've been watching, but there's not any offense in the game that could make Maddux's last two months look good.

May -- 6 Starts, 33.1 IP, 7.29 ERA, 1.71 WHIP, .338 BAA
      June -- 3 Starts(not counting today against CLE), 17.1 IP, 6.75 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, .329 BAA

There is nothing remotely good about those numbers, regardless of how putrid the offense is.
      Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic
        I'm not sure who you've been watching, but there's not any offense in the game that could make Maddux's last two months look good.

June -- 3 Starts(not counting today against CLE), 17.1 IP, 6.75 ERA, 1.50 WHIP, .329 BAA

There is nothing remotely good about those numbers, regardless of how putrid the offense is.
        THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Sarcastic

I guess the problem is that I don't watch any baseball. Sorry for being too poor to have a TV.
          2016 World Series Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerin Hank
            I guess the problem is that I don't watch any baseball. Sorry for being too poor to have a TV.
            I don't really watch much either, certainly not as much as I'd like to. But they have this thing called "The Internet", and you'd be amazed what kind of stuff you can find out there.
            Jerseys hanging in my den : Santo, Jenkins, Williams, Banks, Grace, Sandberg, Dawson, Eckersley, Sutcliffe, Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Lee

Oddly enough, I never bought a Sosa jersey, even during his best years.

Comment

he's looked good the past three innings at least.

Comment

Maddux really settled down after the 1st inning. His only mistake was the Sizemore homer.

Comment

Not having a team behind you is a terrible drag on a pitcher. Even for a legend.
                  "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
                    Maddux really settled down after the 1st inning. His only mistake was the Sizemore homer.
                    Yea but the first inning counts just as the 4th, 5th or 6th...

So with that said, he did not get it done in the first and that cost us the game....

Let's not call Cliff Lee the top pitcher in the league, but he has good stuff, as he showed tonight.

Jacque went 3-4..... that is the only real good thing that happened...
                    BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by CubsHub
                      Yea but the first inning counts just as the 4th, 5th or 6th...

So with that said, he did not get it done in the first and that cost us the game....

Let's not call Cliff Lee the top pitcher in the league, but he has good stuff, as he showed tonight.

Jacque went 3-4..... that is the only real good thing that happened...
                      your right, but the cleveland offense is one of the best around. so giving up 4 in 7 1/3 is enough to keep you in the game.

the cubs should have been able to score more than 2 runs, thats for sure.

Comment

Well.....chalk up another game Maddux has kept his team in the ballgame. For what? The millionth time in his career? And He's still doing it in his forties, as hungry as ever! Even on a losing team.

I watched as much Cubs as Sox tonight. Why? Because a legend was pitching.
                        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
                          I watched as much Cubs as Sox tonight. Why? Because a legend was pitching.
                          And the White Sox game was over by the 3rd inning, right? Wasn't it 11-1 in the 3rd?

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
                            And the White Sox game was over by the 3rd inning, right? Wasn't it 11-1 in the 3rd?
                            yea go sox! I think this is the only time I actually enjoy watching the Sox win.
                            Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X