One day away from Opening Day.

Cubs @ Cardinals
    Sunday, April 2, 2017
    7:35 PM CST
    TV: ESPN
    Radio: 670 The Score
    Lester vs. Martinez
    2016 World Series Champions

Kyle Schwarber has now played in more games this season than last.

Comment

Cubs are currently tied for first place with the Reds.

Comment

2017 Cubs Season Thread

Looking pretty good already. They've grabbed some tough wins.

Trying to figure out when I'll get my boy up to Wrigley this year. Managed to watch them lose both home games we were at last year. How unlikely is that?

Comment

Originally posted by -Hawk- View Post
          Looking pretty good already. They've grabbed some tough wins.

Trying to figure out when I'll get my boy up to Wrigley this year. Managed to watch them lose both home games we were at last year. How unlikely is that?
          That's unfortunate. I was able to make it to a game last year and thought I was going to watch them lose too. But it was the day they had that unlikely comeback against the Mariners that finished with Lester's walk-off bunt. The best part was I sitting a row in front of some obnoxious, and likely drunk, Mariners fans who continued to be boisterous throughout the entire length of the game until the bottom of the ninth rolled around and their team crumbled. It was very fulfilling.

On an unrelated note, the Cubs had an off day the day after the season opener and now they have an off day the day after the home opener? Is that a normal way they schedule the season and I'm just noticing this for the first time or were there some sort of conflicts this year? I'd rather the off days fall between series and not in the middle. Like they do throughout the rest of the season.

Comment

The first thing I said when I saw Greg Gibson was today's homeplate umpire..."Uh oh."

Lackey gets squeezed from the very first pitch.

Three pitches into the game he's verbally arguing with Lackey.

Will keep everyone posted.

Gibson has no business being a professional umpire.

Comment

Well, that was as bad as it got. Lackey took over the game and the Dodgers lineup has looked foolish. Gibson has been squeezing McCarthy somewhat as well so all is fair.

Comment

I'm just going to leave this here.

Comment

That was the most important pitch of the game with the leverage index at 3.51 and Gibson got it wrong. Sometimes I don't understand how I'm the only one lobbying for his early retirement.

Comment

Heyward is losing his mind. Everything is either an infield popup or a grounder to the second baseman.

Comment

Comment

Wasn't pretty, but last night was maybe a little confidence booster for those boys. Always fun to watch a comeback.

Comment

I'm sure it's a big boost for morale. It was plenty fun to watch.

Comment

Todays game was a thriller. Hopefully this will get them back on track.

Comment

Baez has me worried. Never in my life have I seen a guy swing at so many pitches that are nowhere near the strikezone. In 39 PA so far, he has 0 unintentional walks. Honestly, if he doesn't put it together at the plate then he is not a Major League caliber player. His spectacular fielding and baserunning can only make up for so much. I wouldn't be shocked if he were sent to Iowa at some point.

Edit: Make that 43 PA. Stats I was looking at aren't updated to include today's game.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X