No announcement yet.

2017 Cubs Season Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still thinking about the one play yesterday that made me want the Bucs to really rub the salt into Lester and Cubs wounds . And that play was when Schwarbers throw went off Contreras glove and sat there on the ground .

Lester , having backed up the play at the plate as the 5th run scored , sulking like picks up the ball. Meanwhile the Pirate hitting the single sees this selfish act and runs to second .

​​​​Lollygaggers....

That's the word that describes the Cubs first half of this season
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Cat View Post
      Still thinking about the one play yesterday that made me want the Bucs to really rub the salt into Lester and Cubs wounds . And that play was when Schwarbers throw went off Contreras glove and sat there on the ground .

Lester , having backed up the play at the plate as the 5th run scored , sulking like picks up the ball. Meanwhile the Pirate hitting the single sees this selfish act and runs to second .

​​​​Lollygaggers....

That's the word that describes the Cubs first half of this season
      ​​​​​​
      El Gato Grande,

I didn't see that play but let me analyze what happened based on your play by play:

Babe Schwarber...a liability in the outfield....throws to Wilson Congress...a liability behind the plate...who can't handle the throw...and John Lester...the perpetually pissed off little leaguer....and defensive liability on the mound...walks over and picks it up...instead of racing over and underhanding the ball down to second.

​​​​​​Defending World Champions? Un-freaking-believable!

Jim
      "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." Leo Durocher

Comment

• Wasn't that one of the reasons they expelled Castro? Of course, no way would Epstein ever let go of Lester.
        2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank View Post
          Wasn't that one of the reasons they expelled Castro? Of course, no way would Epstein ever let go of Lester.
          Hank,

I don't think letting go of Lester is the issue. The reality is nobody wants an ineffective, aging, prima dona, with a bad attitude who can't field his position.

This clearly isn't last year so don't for one minute think the Cubs have a plethora of talent the rest of the league wants. The fact is with the exception of Ian Happ, the Cubs have nothing of real value to offer anyone and that's why their not in the market!

Last year half of the National League teams would have given their starting 9 for Kyle Schwarber. A few American League teams would have given that an​​​​​​​​​​​​d thrown in a Triple A franchise to be named later. Now, the only team excited about the idea of having Schwarber on their roster is Iowa.

So who else do the Cubs have to offer? Arietta? He's going to be a free agent at the end of this year and he's become completely ineffective so why trade away talent for him? Addison Russell? His performance is off and the cloud of domestic violence hangs over his head. Nobody wants him. Javier Baez? He may be athletic but he's clearly undisciplined and like the other Cubs, he's under performing. Nobody wants him. Jason Heyward? At his price? Pass! Lackey? Given his poor performance. Pass! Zobrist? He's getting older, having a hard time healing from nagging injuries, and his performance is faltering. Pass!

The only 2 people Theo won't part with (today) are Rizzo and Bryant. And earlier this year Bryant declined to even discuss a contract extension so be prepared...he may be a few years away but he's already got his eye on free agency.

The fact remains, for better or for worse, the Cubs have to play the hand they've been dealt. And they will win, lose or fold with that hand.

Jim

Comment

• Sunny , you're painting a cloudy future

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Cat View Post
              Sunny , you're painting a cloudy future
              The Cubs have turned Sunny Jim into Hurricane James!

Tonight I intend to watch a baseball game and enjoy it. I will not be screaming, yelling or throwing things at the TV. I'm referring of course to the All Star game or as I like to call it, the Non Cub game.

Brad Mills is filling in for Terry Franconia on the AL side while Joe Maddon....Clueless Joe...the Meathead...Meathead Maddon....Mother f****** Moron Maddon. That dumb s** of a b****! That worthless sack of s***! Are you frickin' kiddin' me? Jerk O** Joe couldn't mange the friggin' Hegewisch Little League All Stars! After the way he's mishandled the Defending World Champions they're letting this Nimrod manage in the All Star game? WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT! I can't believe this! &*~;•√=:#!°∆¡"+×"@*€%{;π\......

Sunny Freakin' Jim
              Last edited by Sunny Jim; 07-11-2017, 02:44 PM. Reason: Censorship

Comment

• "R​​​​​​​​​​eal or not? Cubs cost NL the All Star game, and other things you might have missed."

" Yes it's been that kind of year for the Chicago Cubs. With Joe Maddon managing the National League All Stars, he brought in Wade Davis - the lone Cubs player on the team - in the top of the 10th inning - who promptly gave up a home run to Robinson Cano, who lined a 1 - 1 curve ball to right field for the winning run in the American League's 2 -1 victory.".

-Dave Schoenfield ESPN Senior Writer

I can't stand it! The imagery. The symbolism. The irony. The reality! I can't stand it!

Blowing the All Star game for the entire league...That's Cub!

Jim

Comment

• I didn't watch the ASG but Holy Cow , we are in for a World of hurt aren't we , as Cub fans in the second half

Comment

• As I stated in my previous post, the Cubs, have nothing at the major league level any other team wants in trade. That however, didn't stop them from trading away a plethora of minor league talent...including the much vaunted Eloy Jiminez to cross town rival the White Sox for starting pitcher Jose Quintana. In fact the Cubs gave up 4 minor league prospects to acquire a Major League starter.

This should show us all something. Trading 4 top prospect talents to your hated cross town rivals for a single pitcher, albeit one who was an all star, is a sign of desperation. In other words the Cubs are so desperate that they will mortgage their future for a return today. The question is now, will Quintana be able to contribute enough to get the Cubs into the post season. It's a gamble...but nothing ventured nothing gained...or lost as the future may prove.

Jim
                    ​​​​​

Comment

• Sammy Sosa, Hammerin' Hank's favorite Cub, has changed his look again. He was tired of being white, so now he's pink.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cu...hoo&yptr=yahoo
                      DEl9Wn-XsAE5y2S.jpg
                      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Maybe he's had a delayed reaction to all the PEDs he's taken?

What's wrong with his face? It looks puffy...almost like it's stuffed...or corked...

Jim

Comment

• I don't mind the trade . I would have rather seen a current roster player moved rather than all the futures for more pitching . Quintana is good and under contract so he's no fly bye.

Is Hendricks coming back ?

Comment

• Bruce Jenner mutilates his genitals and he's crowned woman of the year. Sosa lightens his skin tone and suddenly there's outrage! Surely this is the doing of self-hatred and white supremacy! Meanwhile, millions of whites sit out in the sun and in tanning beds to darken their skin.

I really couldn't care less about one's superficial appearance, especially on the topic of baseball, where it has zero relevance. But thanks anyway for the non-story that I assume was meant to specifically receive my attention, since I was mentioned.
                            2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Really ?
                              Who coughs up an eight run lead.

WOEFUL

Comment

• Five home runs for the Cubs tonite

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X