Comment

• Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
      Cubs looked good today, though.
      They did
      I noticed excitement. And ownership .

​​l Liked it

I really like the maturity of Contreras

Comment

• "Rizzo joins Richie Ashburn as the only Cubs leadoff hitters to reach safely in seven straight games. Ashburn did it from June 28-July 3, 1960."

Wow.
        2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Been absent for a few days...but still not impressed. Mediocre road trip and they beat the Padres twice at home. So what?

As of today they are 1 game over .500 and 1 1/2 behind the Brewers. They are 6 and 4 in their last 10. Tonight they are in Miami...5 and 5 in their last 10.

Rizzo is hot right now but he is not a leadoff hitter. He needs to be down in the order where he can drive in some runs. (The Cubs are still leaving way to many men on base.)

Schwarber is in Iowa where he belongs.

Baez is posing nude in SI.

Heyward is on the DL.

Zobrist is supposed to be back Friday.

Bryant is still in a slump.

Sweaty Jake has a cut on his thumb that won't heal.

Russell's wife has filed for divorce and refuses to talk to MLB about any allegations.

Maddon got a facts of life speech from the league after spewing a litany of falsehoods

After 3 in Miami it's 4 in Washington.

The Cubs are hurt, unfocused and distracted. They have real problems and I'm less than optimistic. They should be in season 2 of a dynastic run. Instead they are in season 2 of a reality TV show.

Jim
          Last edited by Sunny Jim; 06-22-2017, 09:39 PM.
          "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." Leo Durocher

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny Jim View Post

Russell's wife has filed for divorce and refuses to talk to MLB about any allegations.
            She's full of it. I said to my wife last year right after they got married that he was making a mistake. Call me cynical. Sure, Bryant got married too quickly last year also, but somehow I feel like his spouse has a less devious air about her. Some baseball wives just reek of gold digging phoniness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammerin Hank View Post

She's full of it. I said to my wife last year right after they got married that he was making a mistake. Call me cynical. Sure, Bryant got married too quickly last year also, but somehow I feel like his spouse has a less devious air about her. Some baseball wives just reek of gold digging phoniness.
              Hey Hank,

I don't know about any of that. My point is the Cubs...including Addison Russell...are distracted, unfocused and off their game. At this point, more than 1/3 of the way through the season, the defending world champions are 2 games over .500 and 1 1/2 back in the weakest division in baseball!

Jim

Comment

• The defending World Champions beat a team 6 games under .500 by a score of 11 to 1...that's Big Leaguel.

The same slumping World Champions proclaim 'we're back' on the basis of 1 game...that's Bush League.

Going 0 for 4 with RISP, leaving 7 men on base and getting shut out the next day by same team...That's Cub!

Jim
                Last edited by Sunny Jim; 06-23-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• After scoring 11 runs in game one , magical Madons lineup does a 360 and gets butkus the following night . I don't understand having a different lineup each nite . I just don't get it . In particular behind the plate .

Leave Contreras in against lefties and righties .

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Cat View Post
                    After scoring 11 runs in game one , magical Madons lineup does a 360 and gets butkus the following night . I don't understand having a different lineup each nite . I just don't get it . In particular behind the plate .

Leave Contreras in against lefties and righties .
                    Magical Maddon is much more diplomatic than I would be. Meathead Maddon is more like it. As for the lineups...that's a huge part of the problem. As I've said repeatedly part of the Cubs' problem is that they are unfocused. One of the reasons they're unfocused is there is no structure, no discipline and no consistency. This is a direct result of Meathead Maddon's Mystic Musings...i.e. his constantly changing, goofy line ups.

With regard to Contreras....you're probably correct. He's not a constant contributor on offense but at least he doesn't cost them runs behind the plate.

Now...on to reality:

Meathead Maddons Magical Morons are still only 1 1/2 games behind the Brewers...who while less magical are equally as moronic when it comes to inconsistent play. They lost again last night to the Braves.

Tonight the Masters of Meltdown face a left handed pitcher...Justin Nicolino...and that bodes well for them. (1). The Magical Melters have had better success against Lefty's this year and (2) Nicolino is making only his second start coming off the disabled list. He got pounded in his first. His ERA is a lofty 5.06.

On the other hand the "always pissed off looking little leaguer"* Jon Lester is on the mound and he sports an even loftier 5.85 ERA when he pitches on the road. So tonight's outcome is by no means a foregone conclusion.

If the Meathead's Minions hope to remain in the hunt they need a win tonight because looming over the horizon...in the darkness that is our Nation's Capital...lying in wait are the Formidable Washington Nationals. Yikes! This could get real ugly, real fast!

Jim

*As much as I would like to take credit for this I stole it and then paraphrased it from a writer on CSN.

Comment

• Didn't see the game , highlites and boxscore only . Good to see Big Rizz get a day off , if anyone deserved one it was 44

Ian Happ is a ball player . I sincerely hope the Cubs can wrap him up for life .

Go Cubs
                      Grab three from Florida on Sunday and move on

Comment

• Cubs win + Brewers loss = 1/2 game back.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunny Jim View Post

Hey Hank,

I don't know about any of that. My point is the Cubs...including Addison Russell...are distracted, unfocused and off their game. At this point, more than 1/3 of the way through the season, the defending world champions are 2 games over .500 and 1 1/2 back in the weakest division in baseball!

Jim

I feel like Russell has been hitting really well since his wife's friend slandered him as an abusive spouse. I'd have to look that up though.

Also, in my opinion, the NL east is the weakest division. Not that it matters much. They're both rather weak.

Comment

• So difficult watching the ugly 1st inning Cubs
                            Another comeback attempt to accomplish their 22nd come from behind victory Sunday in Florida

Just woeful in the 1st these 2017 Cubs

Comment

• Sunday's Cubs checklist :

* 1st inning runs given up ✓
                              * The shoddy untimely defense ✓
                              * Runners left in scoring position ✓
                              * The claw back into the game middle innings ✓
                              * Bullpen allowing runs ✓
                              Last edited by The Big Cat; 06-25-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Yup

Rinse and repeat

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X