No announcement yet.

Dusty has to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you seeing this spectacle today? Ive seen better AA teams then this collection. The Cubs under Dusty are becoming worse then "jokes". How are talented young pitchers going to develop to their potential with this gaggle behind them?
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

I have a certain way of listening to the game when I am at work. I turn the radio on and when the Cubs fall apart I turn it off. So generally the radio is off after the first or second inning. It saves me much aggrevation and stress. This team for about the last two months or so have been absolutely unwatchable and unlistenable. It is a dreadful team and it is getting to the point where I really don't care who is to blame. I don't care if it is all Dusty's fault some of it is his fault. Get rid of him, and do it now. At least that way I don't have to worry about whether or not they are going to bring him back next year.

Comment

Right now I'm editing a video of my sons game from yesterday. In 10 minutes I'm going to go watch another game of his. When in my office, and I'm in it a lot, I turn the TV on and watch whatever game is on.

If your not watching this do yourself a favor and don't turn it on. First Murton boots one which allows runners to go to 2'nd and 3'rd, then Pierre throws a duck on a play to home that hits the mound, then Jones makes a lousy throw on an easy play to home, then an easy hop to the right side goes thru because Nevin and Walked thought the other was going to get it, Pierre has gotten on base twice and they cant score him. Its 5-0 MN.

And now this announcer is babbling about how no players are standing up to "Lead" the team. Excuse me! Isnt that the managers/coaches job? Its hilarious that Cubdom is still making excuses for this manager.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

Originally posted by Whitesoxnut
          Are you seeing this spectacle today? Ive seen better AA teams then this collection. The Cubs under Dusty are becoming worse then "jokes". How are talented young pitchers going to develop to their potential with this gaggle behind them?

Your right.

Dusty's fault Murton can't handle a baseball. Then his fault Neifi intercedes a throw to third that he shouldnt have. Then misthrows to second. *see neifi post*

Dusty's fault for Blanco not being able to hand jones throw(not the best but I think he should've had it nonetheless.)

Dusty's fault for TWO veterans allowing a ball go right between.

I know the arguement it's his fault cause they are his players. I think Dusty is at a loss right now. As would anyone that was coaching this team right now. 99% of the cubs team is playing pathetic and don't deserve a 1/4 of their salary.

Keep Dusty, Get rid of 1/2 of the team.

Comment

Before the season started the Score interviewed Dusty Baker and one of the things that they talked about was fundamentals. Dusty went on record as saying his team will play the game the right way, that they will "know" how to play baseball and that they will know the fundamentals. He said his teams always do that even when he was in SanFran. Now then this team and the Cubs team the entire tenure of Dusty as manager have been poor when it comes to fundamentals. This team has made mistakes that have cost them runs and wins the entire time Dusty has been manager.

People have asked Corey Patterson and Jerry Hairston what are the differences between playing for the Cubs and their new team. It is a standard question that gets asked of anybody when they go to a new team. Both players basically said the same thing. The biggest difference was that on their new team they practiced. They worked on the fundamentals while on Dusty's team they didn't do that. So here is a guy that has gone on record as saying his team will be fundamentally sound yet according to his own players he has done very little to insure that happens. So yes poor plays and choices by players is Dusty's fault. By creating an atmosphere in which those mistakes are more likely to happen and then doing nothing to insure they won't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
              Before the season started the Score interviewed Dusty Baker and one of the things that they talked about was fundamentals. Dusty went on record as saying his team will play the game the right way, that they will "know" how to play baseball and that they will know the fundamentals. He said his teams always do that even when he was in SanFran. Now then this team and the Cubs team the entire tenure of Dusty as manager have been poor when it comes to fundamentals. This team has made mistakes that have cost them runs and wins the entire time Dusty has been manager.

People have asked Corey Patterson and Jerry Hairston what are the differences between playing for the Cubs and their new team. It is a standard question that gets asked of anybody when they go to a new team. Both players basically said the same thing. The biggest difference was that on their new team they practiced. They worked on the fundamentals while on Dusty's team they didn't do that. So here is a guy that has gone on record as saying his team will be fundamentally sound yet according to his own players he has done very little to insure that happens. So yes poor plays and choices by players is Dusty's fault. By creating an atmosphere in which those mistakes are more likely to happen and then doing nothing to insure they won't happen again.
              I have never seen or heard those statements. Would like to know where I can see that or hear that myself. Because I am skeptical. Because if that was the case , I am sorry Dusty wouldn't have a job with even a Minor League team

Comment

Originally posted by Santo4HallofFame
                Your right.

Dusty's fault Murton can't handle a baseball. Then his fault Neifi intercedes a throw to third that he shouldnt have. Then misthrows to second. *see neifi post*

Dusty's fault for Blanco not being able to hand jones throw(not the best but I think he should've had it nonetheless.)

Dusty's fault for TWO veterans allowing a ball go right between.

I know the argument it's his fault cause they are his players. I think Dusty is at a loss right now. As would anyone that was coaching this team right now. 99% of the cubs team is playing pathetic and don't deserve a 1/4 of their salary.

Keep Dusty, Get rid of 1/2 of the team.
                Yes, in short it is the managers fault when a MLB team cant execute. Its even more his fault when a so-called professional team melts down and becomes a head case of blunders and under performance. Or is a manager just a figurehead and not responsible for anything? The Cubs have the third worst record in baseball right now.

Dusty is a likable person. Most everyone likes him and he's managing a team who's fans don't have real high expectations, "tho that is changing". I know Cub fans pride themselves on team loyalty, "why anyone would have blind loyalty to anything in MLB is beyond me", but I generally admire loyalty as one of the better human traits. I do have to say however that its this blind loyalty that will prevent the Cubs from ever amounting to anything. If the Sox would be playing like this I'd be making little Ozzie voodoo Dolls, screaming bloody murder, and would burn $100 before I gave it to Reinsdorf et. al.

MLB owners, players, and managers are all spoiled millionaires. They are the last ones I'd be loyal to if they took their fans for granted. We got one incompetent on the north side and one on the south side who's losing his mind. Let Ozzie keep his nonsense up and blow the pennant over it, then wait and see what I write then.
                Last edited by Whitesoxnut; 06-25-2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

So generally the radio is off after the first or second inning. It saves me much aggrevation and stress. This team for about the last two months or so have been absolutely unwatchable and unlistenable. It is a dreadful team and it is getting to the point where I really don't care who is to blame. I don't care if it is all Dusty's fault some of it is his fault. Get rid of him, and do it now. At least that way I don't have to worry about whether or not they are going to bring him back next year.
                  Be very afraid of a 5 game winning streak.

This team is unwatchable and almost completely unlikable. The Cubs are a pathetic $90 mil. punchline. Pray for 90-100 losses, at least then there's a chance that the hammer comes down on management.
                  beware of the censorship police

Comment

Here's how we rectify the whole situation, but it will never happen. The Tribune needs to sell the team to an owner that cares about winning, not about making money. Then the new ownership needs to fire Andy McPhail and Jim Hendry, then Dusty has to go, all in that order.

Comment

Dusty's never-ending parade of excuses continues...

"I know what I can do," he said. "My track record speaks for itself. It's not like I just started yesterday. It's a little disheartening how soon people forget, though, that I haven't had my team. I've had 11 starters, and six or seven have been rookies."

"Jim hasn't changed his mind," Baker said. "He knows what I can do. If I've got the horses, I'm going to win. Count it. That's been my record, [right]? I didn't lose all this—what I know—overnight."

"It's OK. I was in the same situation in San Francisco. I was in trouble there too. Give me horses, and if my horses stay healthy, I'll win."
                      beware of the censorship police

Comment

I think I could win, managing a team with a few horses. Come on, he had Barry forever and Barry changes things when he's in the lineup, especially the few years he was He-man's stunt double.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
                          I think I could win, managing a team with a few horses. Come on, he had Barry forever and Barry changes things when he's in the lineup, especially the few years he was He-man's stunt double.
                          He's making a mistake with his snide double talk blaming Hendry, and his failure to take responsibility for the meltdown, "then again Dusty is no rocket scientist". Does he really think savvy baseball people think he is not responsible for the play of his team? Or that he had nothing to do with bringing players in? Or out? These "horses" are "horses" he had input in bringing in, and unlike Hendry he had 100% responsibility to develop.

Regardless of the facts Dusty will have a hard time managing another MLB team if he blames his bosses for his own failure.

Comment

How can he complain about horses when he plays Neifi seemingly every game.

I know we don't have alot right now, but how is consistently playing your worst player going to help? I know this has been said over and over, but still...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X