Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who were upset that Bynum was pulled out of last nights game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who were upset that Bynum was pulled out of last nights game...

From AP:

Cubs' Bynum Taken to Hospital With Swelling in Arm

Jun 24, 10:36 PM (ET)

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Chicago Cubs rookie Freddie Bynum was taken to the hospital on Saturday night after experiencing swelling in his right arm during a 3-0 loss to the Minnesota Twins.
    Bynum started in left field for the Cubs and went 1-for-3. Matt Murton pinch hit for him in the ninth inning, and Bynum said afterward that he was headed to the hospital to see what was causing the swelling.

"I'd like to find out what's going on," Bynum said.

Bynum said he had a blood clot in the arm a few years back, but didn't have any trouble with it since, until Saturday night.

He is hitting .260 with two home runs and five stolen bases in 40 games this season.
    BELIEVE

who was upset? i wasnt. should have been pulled after his baserunning blunder. sad about the arm, but hes gotta be smarter than that out there.

Comment

I think he hurt it in the 2nd or 3rd inning when he made that diving catch as you could see him favoring it after.

Comment

it wasn't the high % match up pulling the left hander and batting Murton...

So naturally there were some folks pointing that out.. as another bonehead move on Dusty's part.

I thought at the time Dusty did it because Bynum already got his one hit for the day!

BELIEVE

Comment

Bynum is one of Dusty's boys, just like Neifi. The only reason he would ever pinch-hit for Bynum is is he was hurt, and he obviously was.

Comment

Originally posted by otis89
            Bynum is one of Dusty's boys, just like Neifi. The only reason he would ever pinch-hit for Bynum is is he was hurt, and he obviously was.
            IS it a black thing?

I don't get where this whole "Dusty's boy" theory keeps coming from?

It makes me sick!

Last season people said the older guys were "Dusty's boys" this spring... Grissom out of the blue, became Dusty's boy..

You do realize Freddy Bynum is a rookie right?
            BELIEVE

Comment

Dusty's players are certain kind of player that he always favors. They are generally multi-positioned weak hitting speedy guys. And yes they do all happen to be minorities. You don't see too many Rex Hudler's running around for Baker. I don't really care what color their skin is, I do have a problem with their baseball skill though.

Dusty likes these utility players because Dusty generally goes with a 12 man pitching staff which leaves his bench a bit short and he has to compensate it by having bench players who can cover a lot of positions. Generally they are vets, but if he has to choose between a hitter or his beloved utility player and they are both young he'll side with the youngster. Bynum is like a dream come true for Dusty. He gets his beloved utility player and gets to say to people hey look I play the youngsters.

Comment

Exactly. Dusty's boys are the weak-hitting players with above average defense that inexplicably get more playing time than they deserve. What has Neifi done to deserve all the playing time he's gotten this year?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X