Cubs still have a chance to make the postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs still have a chance to make the postseason

I am convinced that the Cubs can still make the postseason simply because there is 14 weeks left and they are only 14 behind. While 14 games may seem like a lot to most fans it seems so simple to me. All they have to do is gain 1 game each week on the leader. Its not that hard people. they just need to play like they want it. They should be able to gain 2 or 3 games some weeks too with the way the Cardinals are playing. Don't give up yet there is still a lot more season yet to be played.
    Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Originally posted by ZR56664
    I am convinced that the Cubs can still make the postseason simply because there is 14 weeks left and they are only 14 behind. While 14 games may seem like a lot to most fans it seems so simple to me. All they have to do is gain 1 game each week on the leader. Its not that hard people. they just need to play like they want it. They should be able to gain 2 or 3 games some weeks too with the way the Cardinals are playing. Don't give up yet there is still a lot more season yet to be played.
    Did you see the game tonight? Or the Cub games since May? This team has become the laughingstock of MLB. Whos Dusty going to blame tonight? Didnt he have his "horses" there tonight?

And like a crippled horse why dont they just put this guy out of his misery? I know, I know, even tho the tickets are sold you still have to get people in the park to buy $5 Buds. But they will come no matter whos managing. This is the worst baseball Ive ever seen in this town.
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

The Cubs are going to be 28-48 after todays game. That is 20 games under. Now then not only do the Cubs have to gain a game a week on the cardinals for 14 straight weeks but they also have to gain games against 3 other teams in their division as well. Let's say that the Cubs win the next 14 games in a row and the Cardinals lose the next 14 games in a row. Presto we just removed all the distance between us. But the Cubs are still 6 games under .500! They would also either be tied in 4th place or possibly tied for 3rd place. Let us be really really optimistic and say it would only take 87 games to win the division or get in by WC. The Cubs would need to go 59-27 over their final 86 games. A .686 winning % for over half a season which comes out to 111 wins over a full season. And that is to just get to 87 wins.

The Cubs are in 5th place 9 games back of 4th place. Pretty much everybody in front of them in the division needs to collapse in order for the Cubs to get ahead of them. Like I said about a month ago for all of this to happen it needs to happen now, and it isn't happening. This season is over, it was over before it ever got to May.

Comment

The season was over the minute Derrek Lee broke his wrist. 1 injury and this team curls up and dies.

Comment

As much as I would love them to have a chance, I just dopnt see a team 20 games under .500 going into July winning even the WC. If they are lucky they will get back to .500 and thats not even a good chance. The KC Royals are playing better than us.
          "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
          -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

The only hope they have is a push for the wild card, but it's looking farther and farther away each day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipsander
              The only hope they have is a push for the wild card, but it's looking farther and farther away each day.
              Yep. You know, I don't think they can really do it but how sweet it would be if they could. none of us can predict the future. we just have to let it play out.
              Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

im still somewhat optimistic:

Ok the Phillies surge to win the East, And the Mets appearntly have NL Wild Card rapped up: Leading 9 Games with 10 to go, The extreamly surging cubs. However, the Cubs are trailing them. Then: The mets lose 10 in a row, and the Cubs win 10 in a row! Cubs get revenge! I hope and pray......:gt
                Cubs: World Champs 2007?

Comment

I'd be glad for Cubdom is they simply played good baseball and positioned themselves for a more successful 2007. Most of all if they developed the young pitchers more and gave them as many innings, and supporting runs scored, as possible.
                  "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

The Cubs can hope for a good second half. I'm not saying they can make the playoffs but they can try to go over .500 for the second half and go out with a little more pride and more moral going into 2007.
                    GO BREWERS

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X