Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soto, Williamson... up... Womack, Aardsma down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soto, Williamson... up... Womack, Aardsma down...

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/m...=.jsp&c_id=chc

hot of the press release...

The Chicago Cubs today recalled catcher Geovany Soto from Triple-A Iowa and activated right-handed pitcher Scott Williamson from the 15-day disabled list. In addition, the Cubs optioned infielder Tony Womack and right-handed pitcher David Aardsma to Iowa.
    BELIEVE

hmmm. interesting. at least williamson is healthy again. hopefully he can stay that way.

Comment

IF I were the Cubs I would activate Williamson off the DL and then just waive him. Now then considering that giving some playing time on the MLB roster isn't much of a risk I would keep him if he looked to be healthy and hope that he puts up some zeroes to attract a nibble or two in trade talks. In reality the Cubs wouldn't really get anything for him and it is unlikely that he is going to put up any kind of performance that would add value to this team. At this point you might as well dump him and use the roster spot on really anything else. How about this novel idea? Forget having a 12th man who may pitch 20 more innings from here on out and bring up some youngster up and let him play.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X