Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dempster isnt good and neither are The Cubs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dempster isnt good and neither are The Cubs!

I am convinced that he had a fluke year last year as being a closer. He hasn't looked good all season. He either gives up a base hit to start off the inning or he'll walk a guy and then give up a hit. And not to mention he makes idiotic mistakes (Play @ 3rd base tonight). I know everyone thinks "Oh well he just hasn't pitched in a while, BS, BS, BS." Don't you guys realize that these are major league players that are getting payed millions of dollars every year, to go out there and suck! And I know that someone is gonna say, "Well he got hit by that line-drive that must have messed something up." That's not true either because that never would have happened if he was a good pitcher because he wouldn't be serving it up for those guys to smack it like they did. And yes, I know that the ball went through Cedeno's legs. BUT! That guy never would have gotten on if Dempster would have played it safe and thrown to second or first to get the sure out on the play earlier in the inning. I don't know about the rest of you, but if you honestly think this pathetic team has a chance of going anywhere in the future, Think again. Because they suck, the managing sucks, the front office sucks. The Tribune doesn't care if they lose because they get the same amount of money as if they were winning!(All of the people going to the ballpark). So in conclusion I think that before the Chicago Cubs make it back to the postseason, They need a new owner, manager, entire coaching staff, trainers, and why can't we ever draft good talent without trading it away or they get hurt. Except for Zambrano, I cannot think of a lights out, superstar player that came up through the Cubs organization, that doesn't get hurt or Isn't traded away. Tell me, who? Honestly, I mean come on, Prior and Wood are a bunch of babies with messed up mechanics who can't pitch if they have sunburn for god's sake. Oh, and let's not even go into our Scouts, they are just as bad as anyone in this organization. I'm Done. I cannot put up with the Bull$hit anymore. I won't watch another game until Dusty is GONE!

The horse is dead man.

Comment

Originally posted by aramis4president
      I am convinced that he had a fluke year last year as being a closer. He hasn't looked good all season. He either gives up a base hit to start off the inning or he'll walk a guy and then give up a hit. And not to mention he makes idiotic mistakes (Play @ 3rd base tonight). I know everyone thinks "Oh well he just hasn't pitched in a while, BS, BS, BS." Don't you guys realize that these are major league players that are getting payed millions of dollars every year, to go out there and suck! And I know that someone is gonna say, "Well he got hit by that line-drive that must have messed something up." That's not true either because that never would have happened if he was a good pitcher because he wouldn't be serving it up for those guys to smack it like they did. And yes, I know that the ball went through Cedeno's legs. BUT! That guy never would have gotten on if Dempster would have played it safe and thrown to second or first to get the sure out on the play earlier in the inning. I don't know about the rest of you, but if you honestly think this pathetic team has a chance of going anywhere in the future, Think again. Because they suck, the managing sucks, the front office sucks. The Tribune doesn't care if they lose because they get the same amount of money as if they were winning!(All of the people going to the ballpark). So in conclusion I think that before the Chicago Cubs make it back to the postseason, They need a new owner, manager, entire coaching staff, trainers, and why can't we ever draft good talent without trading it away or they get hurt. Except for Zambrano, I cannot think of a lights out, superstar player that came up through the Cubs organization, that doesn't get hurt or Isn't traded away. Tell me, who? Honestly, I mean come on, Prior and Wood are a bunch of babies with messed up mechanics who can't pitch if they have sunburn for god's sake. Oh, and let's not even go into our Scouts, they are just as bad as anyone in this organization. I'm Done. I cannot put up with the Bull$hit anymore. I won't watch another game until Dusty is GONE!
      Come on man, don't hold back, tell us how ya really feel...
      BELIEVE

Comment

Originally posted by aramis4president
        Exactly but I will still watch them. I will watch them on tv until they are mathematically eliminated. A Cubs fan never gives up although I am very pissed off right now. The attendence at Wrigley is going down slowly but surely. I saw a lot of empty seats a couple days ago. I hate to say it but i like seeing it. I hope the fans who stop going to the games don't switch teams though. Just watch them on tv. I dont want Cubs fans to be known as bandwagon fans if they stop going to wrigley this year. and fans will show up again when they are playing good again.
        Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Come on now. We all know that Dempster hasn't had any work what so ever lately. Any closer will tell you that he needs consistent work to stay sharp. The error is a different story though.

Comment

The sad thing is Dempster is a good pitcher, as many Cub players are good players. A few are borderline "great" players. Further, with the starter situation, any bullpen will crack under all the pressure later this year. "Z" is giving innings, and Maddux isnt doing to bad inning-wise, but the bullpen is going to have some tired arms come August if the Cubs don't get consistent starts.

I have seen some serious losing cycles among Cub/Sox teams but I'd have to think long and hard for when I remember such a breakdown of a fairly talented team like this. Thats the problem with losing cycles, they just soak the clubhouse like bad air and you have to have some kind of major event to clean them out. Frankly Im not sure that even firing Dusty would help, tho it is justified.

And it all seems to worsen in front of the nightly 40,000 fans at Wrigley. The Cubs seem looser on the road and it would probably be better if it was the old days and they only played in front of 16,000 home fans. It has to get better because it cant get worse and I am saddened for Cubdom over this because they deserve far better.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

recall my warning from the offseason about giving Dempster so much guarenteed money when he showed some warning signs in his second-half numbers?

he's pitching like he's with the Reds again, so i'm guessing he's hurt and hasn't told anyone yet.
              RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
              Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
              Infamous butcher,
              Angel of Death

Comment

Last season Dempster was markedly better than he had ever been. A step back to his usual level should have been expected.
                Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Dempster (in relief) pre All-Star break 2005

2.08 ERA, 9.62 K/9, 3.41 BB/9, 7.31 H/9, 1.19 WHIP

post All-Star Break 2005
                  1.60 ERA, 7.75 K/9, 5.08 BB/9, 7.75 H/9, 1.43 WHIP

i wish i still had his BABIP splits from last year. i don't remember what his first-half BABIP was, but i do remember him being in the 'luck' range of BABIP in the second half...something like 286 or so.
                  RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
                  Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                  Infamous butcher,
                  Angel of Death

Comment

Dempster pitched well yesterday, "funny how he did well the day after Dusty said they might find a new closer". Ive seen him pitch a fair amount and his stuff appears good. I don't think hes any "flash in the pan", his stuff is real. Maybe not "top-tier" but a ++ for a team. Sitting behind the bullpen the other day, first row, I saw Dempster inter-acting with the fans a lot in the style of the old Cubs, "who were always wonderful with the fans". It would be nice to see Dempster do well.

I think the Cubs only need a manager who can put the spurs to the horse. But there is one thing I admire about Dusty and that is his team isn't starting that finger pointing nonsense. "That" will get you no-wheres in a hurry.
                    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

i agree with you on that one whitesox.....

I just hope they will eventually let go of dusty and see if that will make any difference.....the talent ion this ballclub is just so much better than their actual record reflects.

And while I dont think finger pointing really helps a lot, maybe it is time to call out some players. Maybe it will create some fire in them. But then again, who knows.........this entire season has been nothing short of a disaster, really.

and to top things off, the tigers are one of the best team in the majors.....god, this game is so unpredictable

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X