Marmol........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marmol........

I didnt watch the game today. Instead I just glanced at the box scores "9th inning". Marmol's box score looks impressive, 6.1 ip, 3-hits, 1 ER, 8 Ks, 2 BBs...........This kid has to stay in the rotation. One way or another, and whatever they do, they have to keep this kid in the rotation. On occasion he has been bordering on dominant.

How did his stuff look today? For those of you who watched the game?
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Marmol and others are the reason why to me the Cubs should really call this year off and turn the rest of the season into an extended spring training. The Cubs for all of their wretchedness this year are pretty close to having a good team. They have the pieces of the puzzle and they just need to figure out where they fit and what pieces they are missing. Yo-yoing young players, giving playing time to Vets who won't be on the team, and not deciding what they want out of their players won't do anything to figuring out the puzzle. I say forget Wood. Let the rotation be Zambrano, Hill, Marshall, Marmol, and WIlliams. Bring up Restovich and Fontenot.

Going into next year the Cubs would have a better understanding of what exactly they have and what exactly they need. Why go into the offseason trying to find a secondbasemen if they have a serviceable secondbasemen on hand already? Same goes with the rotation and bullpen.

Back to MArmol. Marmol like MArshall has shown that he has the ability to be given a shot at the major league level. Let this year be a development year for him. If it he improves and shows he belongs you have moved his development timetable up. It will help you win games down the road when it is going to be more important then winning 65 games instead of 62 games.

Comment

How did his stuff look today? For those of you who watched the game?[/QUOTE]

Ehh... He pitched very well I think. They were not able to figure out his curveball untill, I think it was the 7th inning
      GO BREWERS

Comment

Agreed. Ive been saying for weeks, "Let the kids play". Personally I think Marmol and Marshall have the stuff to be top tier pitchers, but at the same time the conglomerate will never on its own close down Prior and Wood because they feel their names on the Marquee bring fans into the park. Just watch, they will bring Wood back. After all Dusty "deserves" to manage a team with all the horses intact

Pity, I'd love to see both youngsters stay in the rotation the rest of the year. Well, the won today, and Dusty was smart enough to put Dempster right back in, "which is unusual for him". "Unusual" both in being smart and letting a player work thru a problem.
        "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

well, last time out (against the twins) marmol almost got himself yanked from the rotation for repeatedly shaking off blanco in a mourneau at bat. i think blanco went a little bull durham on marmol since mourneau then hammered a pitch of his.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X