Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    I believe the Reds will wear "1990" uniforms, or the 2015 equivalent, at least once this season, IIRC April 25.

Leave a comment:

• Long Island Mike
    replied
    Script "Reds" on uniforms - thoughts?

Everybody:

I noticed that the Reds are using a script "Reds" on some of their uniforms...What do Reds fans think of them?

I like the traditional "C-REDS" logo on the home uniforms and I don't care for the script Reds version...

Another good version of Reds uniforms and hats use Mr. Redleg - I like this "brother" of Mr. Met alot...

Are the Reds planning on using any "throwback" uniforms during the 2015 season?

LI MIKE

Leave a comment:

• hairmetalfreek
    replied
    Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
    Journal Herald. By "Mickey" Davis 1939-1997.
    I wonder if those sketches exist in color on the internet anywhere...even though I don't like them, it would be neat to see them used for a "what if" themed game.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Dayton

Originally posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
    The newspaper article is interesting, even though I would not have liked those uniforms at all. Which paper did that appear in?
    Journal Herald. By "Mickey" Davis 1939-1997.

Leave a comment:

• hairmetalfreek
    replied
    I would love to see the 1980s unis come back fulltime. I have never been a fan of the current jerseys.

The newspaper article is interesting, even though I would not have liked those uniforms at all. Which paper did that appear in?

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    Numbers on pants don't work.

Leave a comment:

• jerseygary
    replied
    Definitely looks like that guy was a one-trick-pony! Those things look the same as his Sox design with the Reds logo slapped on!

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    Cinncinatti reds remake.jpg

This was sent in by the creater of the 1980s Whitesox uniforms.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    The last year the Reds wore v-neck pullover jerseys and elastic waistband pants was 1992. It may be coincidence but it would be interesting to see MLB's racial demographics then compared to today. You look more like an athlete wearing pullover jerseys and sansabelt pants than wearing a conservative button-down jersey and pajamaesque belted pants. There's just no comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Phantom Dreamer
    replied
    If the Reds were smart, they would bring back the pullover jersey along with pants with sansabelts. They've never looked better. Love the stripes.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MaxLaird
    replied
    Any jersey that brings back Mr. Redlegs is alright by me.

Leave a comment:

• 1chelle
    replied
    I kind of like the new jerseys, they are a lot nicer than that pinstripe thing they use to wear.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by BeatEmBucs View Post
    The new unis are nice....but why did they put that god-awful mustache back on Mr Red? IMO Mr.Red looks best clean shaven. Maybe you guys can get Rollie Fingers as your mascot this season
    You should know that Mr. Redlegs (mustache) came before Mr. Red. We just brought him back.

Mr. Redlegs came in 1960 while Mr. Reds came out in 1972.

Leave a comment:

• brewcrew82
    replied
    Like Polo, I was never a fan of the Reds sleeveless jerseys (actually I really don't like sleeveless jerseys at all!) but I really like the current uniforms.
    I cannot really pick fault with them (even the mustacioed Mr Redleg looks cool), though I think the road grey jersey is the weakest of the three.

Leave a comment:

• BeatEmBucs
    replied
    The new unis are nice....but why did they put that god-awful mustache back on Mr Red? IMO Mr.Red looks best clean shaven. Maybe you guys can get Rollie Fingers as your mascot this season

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X