Reds HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds HOF

Has anyone else been? I went last night, and I have to say, way to go Reds. The facility is absolutely beautiful. I was so impressed! I've never been a huge GABP fan, but I think last night changed my whole impression of the place. Huge hats off to the REds!
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

I've been meaning to go. I live in TN so I only get up to Cincy a couple of times a year (for games of course) but haven't gone yet belive it or not. I'm planning on going sometime next month if I can.

Comment

Who is in the Reds Hall of Fame?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleX
        Who is in the Reds Hall of Fame?
        Ah, answered my own question (I think). I checked out the Reds website, which gives nice info and picks about the museum, but I couldn't find a list of the inductees. Wikipedia gave this list, not sure if it's accurate though.

The Reds Hall of Fame looks pretty interesting, and I'd like to visit if I'm ever in that neck of the woods. Some great baseball history associated with the Reds, and definitely a long-history.

I must say, I'm very impressed with not only the number of inductees, but who is inducted. Some teams really do a piss-poor job honoring their history (like the A's for example who seem to have disavowed their Philadelphia roots and all the great players and teams they had then). So it's really nice to see the Reds, a team with such a great and long history, really honor their heroes (I was particulary glad to see Heinie Groh!).

This has really given me new found respect for the Reds. Go Reds!

Comment

Here you go.
          http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...eum/hofers.jsp
          Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Yes, and this year it looks like the Reds HOF is offering tours of the ballpark too for only $10. I highly recommend it if you have the time.

Here is the info:
            http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...park/tours.jsp

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X