Louisville Announcer to Joins Reds Broadcasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville Announcer to Joins Reds Broadcasters

Veteran announcer for the Class AAA Louisville Bats, Jim Kelch, will join Marty Brennaman and Jeff Brantley for 14 Reds on Radio broadcasts this season. Kelch has been with the Bats for 20 years and has filled in on Reds and Cardinals games before.

Kelch is also the voice of the University of Louisville's women's basketball team. You can hear Kelch 5/12-5/15, 5/30, 6/1, 7/18-7/19, 9/2-9/4 and 9/18-9/20.

http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/news...rticle=3654992
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

And for the record, Kelch really doesn't do anything for me in the booth - in fact sounds pretty much like Steve Stewart.

Comment

Kelch

Originally posted by GVA Coach View Post
      And for the record, Kelch really doesn't do anything for me in the booth - in fact sounds pretty much like Steve Stewart.
      Yeah, i have been listening to him and he is very, very average. At best. But hey, he is way better then George Grande and Chris Welch, haha.

G Man

Comment

As if anything isn't some improvement over the "Cowboy". How the heck did he ever get this job?

Comment

The Cowboy

Originally posted by baseballPAP View Post
          As if anything isn't some improvement over the "Cowboy". How the heck did he ever get this job?
          What? Brantley is the best guy they have. He is awesome! I actually enjoy listening to him.

G Man

Comment

I agree, I really like the Cowboy. The bigger question is "Who crowned Marty King?" Other than Marty himself, of course. I'm surprised he can fit his head in the booth.
            I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by sschirmer View Post
              I agree, I really like the Cowboy. The bigger question is "Who crowned Marty King?" Other than Marty himself, of course. I'm surprised he can fit his head in the booth.
              Haha, so true. He definately is extremely arrogant these days. I think he tells Thom, the Cowboy, and who ever they interview in the second inning that unless they introduce him as the Hall of Famer then he will not speak to them.

G Man

Comment

At least Marty has some humility, Tracy Jones, a guy who many fans wanted to replace Steve Stewart, who believes he's right all the time because "he played the game."
                Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Marty, humility, when? Did I miss something?
                  I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

Originally posted by redlegsfan21 View Post
                    At least Marty has some humility, Tracy Jones, a guy who many fans wanted to replace Steve Stewart, who believes he's right all the time because "he played the game."
                    Yeah its all part of Tracy's act. I dont think he was ever seriously considered as broadcaster. In fact, no one was, they forced Stewart out so Marty could get his son in. Tracy's act does wear thin sometimes, but sometimes its so ridiculous its funny.

G Man

Comment

Originally posted by gman5431 View Post
                      Yeah its all part of Tracy's act. I dont think he was ever seriously considered as broadcaster. In fact, no one was, they forced Stewart out so Marty could get his son in. Tracy's act does wear thin sometimes, but sometimes its so ridiculous its funny.

G Man
                      When Joe Nuxhall retired I expressed rather loudly to friends how giving the job to Jones was the worst possible thing they could have done. What's worse is the way some of his callers suck up to him as if they really believe he was the superstar he makes himself out to be.

"I remember when you were such a big part of that 1990 team, Tracy,"

"Actually, I was with Detroit and Seattle at the time,"

"Boy, were you great. The overpaid players today had nothing on you."
                      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X