No announcement yet.

To those who though the Arroyo-Pena trade was bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe he has been listening to those Cubs broadcasters too long because I remember Marty talking about how the Cubs announcers said "Wait til he goes a second time around." Marty responded, "Well look at what he did against the Cubs the second time through but then again, it's the Cubs."
    Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarfn5
      I believe he has been listening to those Cubs broadcasters too long because I remember Marty talking about how the Cubs announcers said "Wait til he goes a second time around." Marty responded, "Well look at what he did against the Cubs the second time through but then again, it's the Cubs."
      Marty always did have a way with words.
      And This One Belongs To The Reds!

Comment

Let's wait a few months before we start treating Bronson like Randy Johnson. Although it's possible he's suddenly turned into a stud pitcher his previous career points to him being a pretty mediocre pitcher who could just be having a few good months.

Even if he ends up having a good year, that isn't all telling. Just look at the other Reds' 1-year wonders.
        1995 Pete Schourek (went 18-7)
        1999 Pete Harnisch (went 16-10)
        2001 Joey Hamilton (started opening day 2002)
        2002 Jimmy Haynes (started opening day 2003)
        2004 Paul Wilson (started 7-0)
        2005 Aaron Harang

Whether eliminating Pena was a good move is up for debate.
        http://capitalfrontiers.com

Comment

I wouldn't call Harang a one-year wonder just yet. He is 5-1 with a 4.02 ERA and his ERA has been dropping since opening day.
          Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

The trade is gud 4 both:
            Reds get strong current pitcher
            Sox get a power bat in couple of yrs
            Everybody wins!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X