replied
    The trade is gud 4 both:
    Reds get strong current pitcher
    Sox get a power bat in couple of yrs
    Everybody wins!!!

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    I wouldn't call Harang a one-year wonder just yet. He is 5-1 with a 4.02 ERA and his ERA has been dropping since opening day.

Leave a comment:

• redbuck
    replied
    Let's wait a few months before we start treating Bronson like Randy Johnson. Although it's possible he's suddenly turned into a stud pitcher his previous career points to him being a pretty mediocre pitcher who could just be having a few good months.

Even if he ends up having a good year, that isn't all telling. Just look at the other Reds' 1-year wonders.
    1995 Pete Schourek (went 18-7)
    1999 Pete Harnisch (went 16-10)
    2001 Joey Hamilton (started opening day 2002)
    2002 Jimmy Haynes (started opening day 2003)
    2004 Paul Wilson (started 7-0)
    2005 Aaron Harang

Whether eliminating Pena was a good move is up for debate.

Leave a comment:

• RedsWin!
    replied
    Originally posted by nascarfn5
    I believe he has been listening to those Cubs broadcasters too long because I remember Marty talking about how the Cubs announcers said "Wait til he goes a second time around." Marty responded, "Well look at what he did against the Cubs the second time through but then again, it's the Cubs."
    Marty always did have a way with words.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    I believe he has been listening to those Cubs broadcasters too long because I remember Marty talking about how the Cubs announcers said "Wait til he goes a second time around." Marty responded, "Well look at what he did against the Cubs the second time through but then again, it's the Cubs."

Leave a comment:

• Ravenlord
    replied
    Originally posted by TRIPxCORE
    Sorry to say to you Reds fans, but Arroyo so far has been an anomaly. He is not this good of a pitcher and is only doing well because he switched leagues. When the NL hitters have seen him a few times, they will adjust and he will go back to normal. Normal for him is an ERA of around 4-5. Sorry, but that is what he is.
    as long as you don't compare pitch movement the last 3 years and ignore his home/road splits while in Boston, then yeah, you're right.

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    Originally posted by TRIPxCORE
    Sorry to say to you Reds fans, but Arroyo so far has been an anomaly. He is not this good of a pitcher and is only doing well because he switched leagues. When the NL hitters have seen him a few times, they will adjust and he will go back to normal. Normal for him is an ERA of around 4-5. Sorry, but that is what he is.
    I want to make sure I have this right. Please Note Dates
    CHiCAGO
    Code:
    Date	Team	W	L	CG	SV	IP	K	H	ER	HR	BB	ERA	WHIP	K/9
    4/5	CHC	1	0	0	0	6 2/3	7	6	3	2	0	4.05	0.90	9.45
    4/11	CHC	1	0	0	0	7    	4	6	0	0	0	0.00	0.86	5.14
    ST. LOUIS
    Code:
    Date	Team	W	L	CG	SV	IP	K	H	ER	HR	BB	ERA	WHIP	K/9
    4/16	STL	0	0	0	0	5    	3	6	5	2	3	9.00	1.80	5.40
    5/1	STL	1	0	1	0	9    	4	4	1	1	3	1.00	0.78	4.00

Leave a comment:

• Alibi Ike
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
    What are the odds of this? The Bengals a good team, the Reds showing signs this probably is not an early season fluke, the Cyclones coming back. Who knows, maybe both UC and Xavier will have big seasons.
    Roughly 650,000 to 1. Assuming you meant what are the odds of being dealt a royal flush.

Leave a comment:

• TRIPxCORE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• redlegsfan21
    replied
    I'm not sure about UC but still, Cincinnati is having some of the best sports teams in the nation.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by RedsWin!
    That would be a royal flush.

Bronson has this town going bonkers!
    What are the odds of this? The Bengals a good team, the Reds showing signs this probably is not an early season fluke, the Cyclones coming back. Who knows, maybe both UC and Xavier will have big seasons.

Leave a comment:

• RedsWin!
    replied
    Originally posted by riverfrontier
    Looks like it's time to turn the clock back to '04. That win today was a shot across the bow of the good ship Cardinals. This guy came to play. He's pitching like a straight flush, ace high.
    That would be a royal flush.

Bronson has this town going bonkers!

Leave a comment:

• riverfrontier
    replied
    Looks like it's time to turn the clock back to '04. That win today was a shot across the bow of the good ship Cardinals. This guy came to play. He's pitching like a straight flush, ace high.

Leave a comment:

• Ravenlord
    replied
    the deal is only good if Arroyo can pitch like he did in 04. if he pitches like he did last year that ERA will be over 5...however, i am in the camp that believes he will pitch like 04.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    I wasn't happy about the trade, mostly because I caught a few of Pena's games with the Dayton Dragons (I never was able to score them for the first season with Dunn and Kearns) so I've been following him for awhile. But that's for personal reasons. Pena is a decent player who may or may not break through. Arroyo is a solid pitcher, as good as anyone the Reds have, and you have to make deals like that. Pena could well break out, but that remains to be seen. I think it's a nice trade all around.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X