silver slugger for arroyo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silver slugger for arroyo?

he just hit his SECOND homer of the season!
    :atthepc

i enjoy smileys...

possibe...but he still has 30 more starts to make.
    RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
    Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
    Infamous butcher,
    Angel of Death

Comment

Arroyo is going to start paying Glendon Rusch on the side to pitch every time he does; Rusch makes him look like Babe Ruth
      GO CUBS

Comment

All I can say is, wow. I hope he keeps shining bright for you guys because there were more than a few Red Sox fans who (spoiled by their riches) seriously under-valued Bronson. I don't think he'll be chasing any home run records, but he is a solid all-around player and his pitching performance today shows it.

2007 World Series Champions
        The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Reds totally beat up the Sox in this deal. They didn't lose any power with Arroyo suddenly hitting HRs, they now have an actual #1/#2 type pitcher, Scott Hatteberg and Rich Aurilia get some more playing time, and they win more games. Reds are still a good bullpen away from the World Series, though.
          Last edited by KingJ; 04-11-2006, 03:16 PM.
          The Q: Can the Cubs hold a 6-5 lead with 2 outs and nobody on in the 9th?

The A: No

***********My Rant on Bud Selig***********
          Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

They're also a good rotation away...let's be serious here people
            ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
            ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
              They're also a good rotation away...let's be serious here people

Starting Rotation Career ERAs:
              1. Harang - 4.59
              2. Arroyo - 4.53
              3. Claussen - 4.68
              4. Milton - 4.98
              5. Williams - 4.23

It's not great, but considering how many runs the Reds offense scores, it's adequate for a 90 win-ish team.

Selig is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Selig and a pigeon is that Selig intends to bury our heritage, our traditions, and our culture,

Comment

I expect 4 homers 15 rbis and a silver slugger.
                Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

I don't think that Arroyo will continue pitching this well...I do like Aaron Harang though, but even so, their rotation and bullpen will hold them back from winning
                  ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
                  ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

Originally posted by KingJ
                    Starting Rotation Career ERAs:
                    1. Harang - 4.59
                    2. Arroyo - 4.53
                    3. Claussen - 4.68
                    4. Milton - 4.98
                    5. Williams - 4.23

It's not great, but considering how many runs the Reds offense scores, it's adequate for a 90 win-ish team.
                    ERA is not a real good indicator by itself.

Harang will be better than he was last year.

Arroyo will probably be better than he was last year. however if his K rate stays where it was last year, the Reds defense will catch up to him and his ERA will baloon to over 5.

Claussen seemed to fine the K pitch he'd been lacking at the end of last year. it'll be interesting to see if he carries it into this year. however he's still awfully reliant on Griffey and Dunn to catch flyballs, which isn't good.

Milton's lower half may be stronger, but i don't htink it matters much. he's changed his mechanics to scapular load and bend hard at the waste to compensate for not being able to drive as hard off the mound or bend his front knee do their degenerative condition.

Williams is crap. a BABIP lucky pitcher who's shoulder is held together by gum and rubber bands.
                    RIP Dimebag, Mitch, John, & Grey Cat

AUXILIUM MEUM A DOMINO

Angel of Death
                    Monarch to the kingdom of the dead
                    Infamous butcher,
                    Angel of Death

Comment

Arroyo will have to do better than two solo home runs to get the award
                      Best posts ever:
                      Originally posted by nymdan
                      Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                      Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                      I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
                        Arroyo will have to do better than two solo home runs to get the award

Uh...you do realize that the pitchers that have won it in the past 3 seasons have only hit 2 HRs?

Comment

Originally posted by KingJ
                          Uh...you do realize that the pitchers that have won it in the past 3 seasons have only hit 2 HRs?
                          It's only his second start of the year, he still has about 30-33 more left. He als only has 66 total plate appearances in his career and this is his first year hitting reguarly.

It's way too early to hand him the award. You can give it to him in August or September, but he hasn't earned it yet.
                          Last edited by efin98; 04-11-2006, 11:52 PM.
                          Best posts ever:
                          Originally posted by nymdan
                          Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                          I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

Quite frankly, I don't care if Arroyo homers every time he pitches. They need him to pitch like he did yesterday far more than they need him to go deep. They have plenty of power on that team, so they don't need his bat. The pitchers need to pitch well beyond April. Beyond the all star game would be nice for a change.
                            There are a few pitcher currently in the minors (remember Ryan Wagner?) who couldn't possibly be any worse than what the current bullpen is doing, so at least there are options down the road there.
                            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by efin98
                              It's only his second start of the year, he still has about 30-33 more left. He als only has 66 total plate appearances in his career and this is his first year hitting reguarly.
                              I suppose that depends by what you mean when you say "regularly". If you mean that this is the first year in the NL when he looks like he'll be making regular appearances as a starter, I suppose that is true. But don't forget that he did have 3 seasons in the Pirate's organization with 44 appearances over the first two seasons. I really don't know what the situation is in the minors for NL teams, so I can't say much about his hitting when he wasn't with the big boys. I can tell you that these two homers are the first two of his major league career.

2007 World Series Champions
                              The Boston Red Sox

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X