Injuries going into 2011 a concern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries going into 2011 a concern?

I know Milw and STL have had injuries to their front line guys, but so have the Reds. I'm slightly concerned but definately happy that we have the depth. DL list goes like this:

Fred Lewis (who cares, i wanted Juan Francisco to make the team ahead of him anyways)
    Arrendondo (was hoping for big bounce back from this guy)
    Cueto and Bailey (2/5th of the rotation) The Cueto one scares me because its the same thing Homer had last year and he missed 3 months. And then the Homer one scares me because its the same thing he had last year.

Hernandez and Rolen have been banged up recently too.

Just hoping that injuries dont derail us !!

G Man

Rolen is always an injury concern. If Cincinnati can get another 130+ game season out of him, they should be very thankful. He's always been great when he's active, but he's turning 36 in a few days. For the average person, 36 is young, but for a guy that's been as banged up as Rolen has through the years, that's a very old 36.

Comment

Originally posted by The Commissioner View Post
      Rolen is always an injury concern. If Cincinnati can get another 130+ game season out of him, they should be very thankful. He's always been great when he's active, but he's turning 36 in a few days. For the average person, 36 is young, but for a guy that's been as banged up as Rolen has through the years, that's a very old 36.
      Yep. Thats why we need Juan Francisco to transalate all that minor league success into to big league success.

G Man

Comment

This team has been very inconsistent thus far. I am delighted that the team is only out two games at this point. Rolen's injury is very concerning. The starting pitching has been bad. Bruce is beginning to warm up and Jonny Gomes has looked lost at times. Of course Bailey will be returning this week and Cueto is just around the corner. Even when they get back, I have concerns. If they go into the rotation, you would have to remove Travis Wood which is going to give us an all right handed rotation. We are going to be very susceptible to left handed hitting teams in a short series.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X