X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hairmetalfreek
    replied
    Originally posted by icee82 View Post
    A win tonight but we have officially been eliminated now. Wow...we never saw that coming. We thought this year was THE YEAR!!! Anyone on here going to the Bench ceremony on Saturday night?
    I can't go Saturday, but my family gets to go Thursday night, and I'm going Friday night and next Wednesday afternoon. To be honest, as much as I love going to the games (haven't been to one in a couple of months), I can't wait for the season to be over. Major disappointment to see them battle for a .500 record when they should have been battling for the pennant. Hopefully 2012 will be a brighter year.

Leave a comment:

• icee82
    replied
    A win tonight but we have officially been eliminated now. Wow...we never saw that coming. We thought this year was THE YEAR!!! Anyone on here going to the Bench ceremony on Saturday night?

Leave a comment:

• icee82
    replied
    A great win for us last night. Hopefully that will give this team some emotion now.

Leave a comment:

• otis89
    replied
    As a Cubs fan, you're welcome for those last two wins. Good grief. The Cubs need to learn how to play defense.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
    Yeah, I think they are for real and deeper than the Cardinals. But I rememebrer some loaded Cardinal teams that lost to inferior teams...
    Absolutely. The Cardinals have some bats around Albert that will certainly keep them in contention in that division. One series sweep is nice, but the Cardinals are still the Cardinals.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    That is, ultimately, the reality of it. The Reds, though, are showing thus far last year was not a fluke. But there are still 100+ games to make sure it was not. But there is more than the usual blind optimism that was prevalent the previous decade.
    Yeah, I think they are for real and deeper than the Cardinals. But I rememebrer some loaded Cardinal teams that lost to inferior teams...

Leave a comment:

• Captain Cold Nose
    replied
    Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
    Long season. Remember the Card had a 3 game division lead after that emotional series in August last year.

I think the Reds are the best team in the division as much as ity pains me to say it, but probably too early for "new sheriff" remarks. By Wednesday, the Cards could be back in first. By September the Brewers could be ahead of both - the year is only 25% over.
    That is, ultimately, the reality of it. The Reds, though, are showing thus far last year was not a fluke. But there are still 100+ games to make sure it was not. But there is more than the usual blind optimism that was prevalent the previous decade.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Long season. Remember the Card had a 3 game division lead after that emotional series in August last year.

I think the Reds are the best team in the division as much as ity pains me to say it, but probably too early for "new sheriff" remarks. By Wednesday, the Cards could be back in first. By September the Brewers could be ahead of both - the year is only 25% over.

Leave a comment:

• icee82
    started a topic Go Reds!!!

Go Reds!!!

I know it is early but that three game sweep of the Cardinals was so sweet today!!! I think that is a new sheriff in town in the NL Central and he is located in the Queen City.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X