2014 All-Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 All-Stars

Which Reds are deserving of All-Star selection in 2014? The team on the whole has been disappointing, but there have been some bright spots. So who should be there?
    Mesoraco
    30.00%
    Votto
    0.00%
    Phillips
    0.00%
    Cozart
    0.00%
    Frazier
    20.00%
    Ludwick
    0.00%
    Hamilton
    0.00%
    Bruce
    0.00%
    Pena
    0.00%
    Heisey
    0.00%
    Cueto
    40.00%
    Leake
    0.00%
    Bailey
    0.00%
    Simon
    0.00%
    Cingrani
    0.00%
    Broxton
    0.00%
    LeCure
    0.00%
    Chapman
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

The Writer's Journey

Cuetto should probably be the starter as of now. The catcher looks like the real deal hittingwise and Chapman should probably make it because of his name.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
      Cuetto should probably be the starter as of now. The catcher looks like the real deal hittingwise and Chapman should probably make it because of his name.
      Since pitchers are not picked by the fans, I don't expect Chapman to get called this year. He missed too much early on, and has not been overpowering since his return. In 7 games he has a 2.25 ERA and 5 saves.

I agree Cueto should be considered for starting pitcher, but Wainwright does have a good case as well. Of course we're still a month out, but Johnny has been dominating so far.

And yeah, Meso seems to be hitting his stride. I'm excited about him, especially after the terrible year he had last year.
      The Writer's Journey

Comment

Cueto obviously. He has been the best pitcher in all of baseball so far this year. I'd vote for Frazier - probably should start, but he'll be on bench. Mesoraco is close. I'll vote for him (home pick). Chapman missed too much time and there are too many quality pitchers to vote for him.

G Man

Comment

What about Alfredo Simon? 10-3, 2.92 at the moment. I believe Jack Armstrong was 10-1 when he started the ASG in 1990.

I'm not saying Simon is better than Cueto, not by any means. Cueto's ERA blows him out of the water. But sub-3.00 is absolutely nothing to sneeze at.
          The Writer's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetalfreek View Post
            What about Alfredo Simon? 10-3, 2.92 at the moment. I believe Jack Armstrong was 10-1 when he started the ASG in 1990.

I'm not saying Simon is better than Cueto, not by any means. Cueto's ERA blows him out of the water. But sub-3.00 is absolutely nothing to sneeze at.
            Good point. It would be hard to find a lot of NL pitchers who have had as good a first half as Simon.

G Man

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X