Nelson Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson Cruz

How many Homers would Cruz hit at GAB? He is not the best fielder, but it's left field in a small park and he would have Billy Hamilton next to him.

It doesn't seem to me that Cruz's PED use was the reason for his success, esp considering 40 HR last year. I think this guy is severely underrated, has/had some base stealing capabilities, and would take us over the top!

Don't trade your stars, just add one more and go all in for one more run with the old gang in 2015.. ONE MORE YEAR... ONE MORE YEAR!

I'd be in favor of signing Cruz... but..... after his big year last year he's looking for, and will get a multi-year deal. It now seems that last off season was the year the Reds should have gotten him.

I'm thinking the way they'll go is via a trade. I'd really like to see them land Cespedes and he obviously is available now.

Latos for Cespedes?

G Man

Comment

I LOVE that idea! We need offense. Cepedes would be a great fit in that ball park. And think of the OF arms we'd have... Ces, B-Ham and Bruce? Not many extra bases taken on that outfield.

I know Tori Hunter wouldn't be as good as him, but I think Cincy could use a good stable pretense like him.

No chance we're in on the Cuban Tomas is there?

Comment

I'd be suprised if they are in on Tomas. Plus, i'd prefer Cespedes. You know more what you're getting with him and i'd think he'd excel in GABP. Torii Hunter seems like a decent back up option but again, he's aging and i wouldnt want to give him multiple years.

G Man

Comment

Apparently Cespedes has some stubbornness about him and coaches are not thrilled about his unwillingness to change. Why would such a promising young talent be available not just once but twice in less than a year?

That said, I wouldn't be against giving him a shot, especially if we can get him for Latos, but I don't see it happening. The Reds would have to part with more, and I'm not sure how much more they would be willing to give away.
          The Writer's Journey

Comment

Back to Cruz, I've never been a fan of guys who fail the PED tests. That's great that he's supposedly clean now, but how much of that performance last year was natural talent and how much was left-over from the PED effect. Like G Man said, he'll be looking for a big deal anyway, and I'd rather give it to a guy who has a proven track record.
            The Writer's Journey

Comment

hairmetalfreek, I understand your position but look at what a nice pickup Peralta was for the Cards last season. I would love to see Cespedes in left field for the Reds but the price would have to be right. I would not mind giving up Leake or Simon but not Cueto. I would have to think twice before giving up Latos as well. I really hope that Latos is able to put it all together this season. I cannot remember which baseball manager said this but he said "give me eight guys that are on their contract year" and he could win a championship with them. We have a pitching staff that is basically on their contract year so hopefully that means something special this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by icee82 View Post
                We have a pitching staff that is basically on their contract year so hopefully that means something special this summer.
                That's why I think 2015 may be our last decent chance to do something...the Reds can't afford to re-sign them all!
                The Writer's Journey

Comment

I guess we can go ahead and close this thread, ha.

G Man

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X