Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gman5431
    replied
    I'm good with the Simon deal. He wasnt very good after the break and wouldnt count on him to be a solid rotation guy in 2015. The Latos trade hurt. I'm okay with moving him, but wanted to ensure we got a power bat in return. I'm hoping there is still a move to be made to bring in a LF and hopefully this sets them up to sign Cueto.

G Man

Leave a comment:

• icee82
    replied
    I would not want to put our hopes in Negron playing third and hitting well enough. He is just not enough for a pennant winning team unless he overachieves. I have a question for you and this is way out there but what about moving Votto to left field which would not put as much strain on his knee/quad and bringing in a first baseman?

Leave a comment:

• hairmetalfreek
    replied
    Padres landed Kemp, Myers, and Upton. Crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Sabo-metrics
    replied
    Yes Wil Myers would have been good enough for me. And in my opinion, we probably need 2 bats for depth. At this point, if Votto goes down again, I would guess Pena is getting the majority of starts at 1st.

Would it be worth it to move Frazier to LF, and let Negron play everyday?

We cleared up cap room, so hopefully Walt can land a big piece (or 2) to take us over the top. But with our starting pitching depth gone, bullpen down, and no LF, we have no room for error/injury.

Leave a comment:

• icee82
    replied
    Why are the Reds not in trade talks on Wil Myers? He is perfect. He is a decent left fielder and a solid bat. He would be under club control for a number of years. The Rays are going to demand prospects for him. Would Stephenson be enough? Could we turn Crawford around and make him a decent trading piece? I have heard that we are in the running for Desmond Jennings which would not be bad but he has never reached his potential but does not have the number of years of club control though. It is frustrating to sit back and see all of these left fielders moving around but we seem to be stuck in neutral.

Leave a comment:

• hairmetalfreek
    replied
    These trades seem meaningless at this point. Yes, it's good that we got something for Simon...but without filling that hole in LF, 2015 is going to be a 4th-place finish (if we're lucky). Walt claims they aren't giving up...but who is left to sign?

Leave a comment:

• icee82
    replied
    I liked the Simon trade. I think that he peaked out his potential last season and it appeared that the hitters began to catch up with him as he made his second trip through the league. I was really bummed about the Latos deal although I do not believe that we would have been able to sign him.

Leave a comment:

• Sabo-metrics
    started a topic Walt the F?

Walt the F?

I hope Walt is flipping these new prospects for a LF.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X