The Byrd is the word...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Byrd is the word...

Let's sing the praises of Marlon Byrd, the newest member of the Cincinnati Reds and the last piece to the puzzle that will surely lead us to the 2015 World Championship!
    The Writer's Journey

Just ordered my World Series tickets tonight! Trying to get a room in Covington has proven tough as all rooms are sold out throughout the NLDS, NLCS, and World Series. Here is my projection .265 95 RBI 24 HR. Six starters will hit at least 20 home runs. The Reds come out of the gate hard and set an early pace in jumping out to a quick divisional lead. The Reds give everyone a harbinger of things to come when they sweep the Cardinals in a three game series at GABP on April 10-12. Byrd sets the tone on Friday evening when he blasts two home runs at GABP and the next morning the headlines in The Enquirer read "Reds Give Cards The Byrd". Votto, Phillips, Bruce, Frazier, Byrd, and Mesaraco each blast 20 home runs. Bruce, Frazier, and Mesaraco will each hit 30 home runs. Cozart rises to the occasion with a solid 15 home runs to go along with a .285 average and Hamilton will get another 10 home runs along with 55 stolen bases. Votto hits .375 through the first four months and finally cools off finishing with a .345 average to go along with 203 hits and 85 RBI's. He runs the table on MVP awards winning his second league MVP in a landslide vote and unanimously wins the World Series MVP with a World Series record .454 batting average while driving in a dozen runs from the two hole. Votto, Bruce, Phillips, and Byrd get blistering hot during the post season and put on a power display that has not been seen in World Series history thus becoming iconic Reds' post season heroes. During the regular season Bruce finally comes into his own with a career high 36 home runs and has 105 RBI's to go along with a strong career high batting average of .285. Cueto signs a huge six year deal for $120 million during the spring and immediately has a monstrous season with 22 wins with a league leading ERA of 2.04 while Bailey has a career year with 19 wins including his third career no-hitter. Cueto wins the NL Cy Young Award while going undefeated in the post season including two shutout wins in the World Series. Leake chips in with 16 wins and Cingrani exceeds expectations with 14 wins. Desclafani surprises everyone as the fifth starter with 12 wins and really pitches tough down the stretch including a sensational one hitter in a late season game against the Cardinals. Chapman will have 50 saves with only one blown save in an early season meltdown. The Reds win the Central by 8 games over an injury plagued Cardinals' team as the Brewers never get untracked and the Pirates struggle offensively all season. The Cubs' rookies struggle mightily all season but stagger to the gate finishing just ahead of the Brewers who begin having a fire sale at the trade deadline. The parade to Fountain Square has over 150,000 people turn out in a parade the likes of which has never been seen in Cincinnati. Let the season begin!!! This Reds Kool Aid is really tasting good tonight!
    Last edited by icee82; 12-31-2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Looks good to me!!! Let's go Redlegs!!!
      The Writer's Journey

Comment

Hey, I'll take it. Byrd is a veteran bat with plenty of power for GABP. I still think we need at least one more bat for the bench however, to make sure we have plenty of depth for a long summer/fall.

Reds give cards the Byrd! hahahaha

Comment

I wouldnt say i'm overjoyed, but at least they did something. He had been rumored to be traded, even to Cincy, in the past. Definately and upgrade over 2014.

G Man

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X