Marlon Byrd Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon Byrd Appreciation Thread

This is to appreciate Reds newcomer Marlon Byrd and all the good work he's done for the team.

So far, the batting average isn't there, but he has eight home runs already (sixth most in the league), which puts him on pace for over 35 this year. He's also on pace for over 100 RBI and nearly 70 runs scored.

And to think -- just three years ago, his future was in doubt after struggling mightily between Chicago and Boston.

It obviously wasnt the big acquisition folks were looking for in the off season, but based on his track record and hitting half of his games in GABP, a 25 homer, 90 RBI season looked like a possibility. Then April hit and it was UGLY. Exact opposite in May, he is on a tear. I'm thinking the numbers will fall right around my preseason estimates.

G Man

Comment

He's hitting .214 on the year as a whole, but in the past month or so is hitting .247 with 8 home runs, 20 RBI and a .573 slugging percentage.

Comment

Yeah, i think we're looking at a .250ish BA with 20-29 homers and 80-95 RBIs. Honestly i'll take it considering we had Ludwick and Heisey out there last year.

G Man

Comment

His defense has been pretty good too. I always thought he was just a slugger, but he is a former centerfielder who can still play OF. It's been a pleasant surprise. And his attitude seems great. I commend Walt on this signing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X