Colorado Rockies 2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Rockies 2017 Season

If I'm not mistaking, the Colorado Rockies at 45-26 are 19 games above .500 for the 1st time in their existence. Amazing what good young pitching, good relief, good hitting and excellent defense will do for a team. Got the Dodgers and Backs right on their tail . . . hope they hang in there all season. Good to see baseball exciting again in Denver.
    Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

The Rockies are the surprise team of the year, at least for me. Yesterday, Nolan Arenado hit for the cycle, including a three-run walk-off home run to win the game. How cool is that?
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
      The Rockies are the surprise team of the year, at least for me. Yesterday, Nolan Arenado hit for the cycle, including a three-run walk-off home run to win the game. How cool is that?
      I agree ol' aches . . . The Giants had just takin' the lead on the radio and I was going to a FD supper with my youngest daughters house, when I got out it was bot 9, one out, nobody on . . . I thought for sure the Rox had lost this one. An hour later I was telling my daughter about how her Rockies and beat my Giants 3 of 4 for the weekend . . .when her b/f looks at his smart phone and quitely says, the Rox won 7-5 on a walk off by Nolan . . . my jaw just dropped . . . and I thought, "these ole boys might be for real this year" . . . fitting, 10 year anniversary of their one trip to the W.S. back in '07. I'm just gonna enjoy 'em while they fly high, going down Wed night to see them take on the Snakes at Coors Field.

Comment

The Rockies have lost 15 out of their last 21 games. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
          The Rockies have lost 15 out of their last 21 games. What happened?
          Hope it is just a streak of bad pitching.
          sigpic

"If I hear Bowie Kuhn say just once more he's doing something for the betterment of baseball, I'm going to throw-up.">Sparky Anderson
          MLB/Rockies/Yankees, Backer

Comment

Originally posted by OmartgSS View Post

Hope it is just a streak of bad pitching.
            There is a point in every pitchers career, whereas . . . the competition catches up (they've all seen every team once now) . . . and if you can re-adjust to their adjustment . . . you make it. This is the time for these kids . . . I'd like to think they will be stronger in the 3rd and subsequent meetings with other teams.

Comment

Last night, the Rockies picked up reliever Pat Neshek from the Phillies for 3 Single A prospects. Thoughts?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X