Thanks Old Sweater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Old Sweater

...for keeping things going here in the off season, and the pre, regular, and post season. Ever wonder why there just aren't many highly motivated Rockies fans, especially in light of resent success?

Carl
    No, it's Colorado.

Originally posted by CarlCaranskiShift View Post
    ...for keeping things going here in the off season, and the pre, regular, and post season. Ever wonder why there just aren't many highly motivated Rockies fans, especially in light of resent success?

Carl

You're very welcome.

The lack of Rockies fans has had me scratching my head for years. There is one active Rockies poster out of Wyoming I chat with all year and that is about it.
    Last edited by Old Sweater; 03-30-2008, 02:08 AM.

Comment

I'm not that optimistic, even though we have lots of returning players. The division and league got better. I don't think we'll repeat, but I hope they prove me wrong.
      Denver Bears* (1955-1985)/ Zephyrs (1985-1992)
      Colorado Rockies (1993-Present)
      1995 2007 2009
      * - preferred name

Comment

Originally posted by Altitude View Post
        I'm not that optimistic, even though we have lots of returning players. The division and league got better. I don't think we'll repeat, but I hope they prove me wrong.
        I actually think the Rockies are badly underestimated and should be favorites in the West.

They're returning most of perhaps the best lineup in the National League. The killer H's are all still here and so are Atkins and Tulowitzki. If Torrealba hits the team should be at least as deadly at the plate this year

Morales and Jimenez for a whole season really changes the pitching dynamic. Those two are potential aces and should really add to one of the most historically problematic facets of Colorado baseball -- the starting rotation.

Fuentes and Corpas should shut down the end of games nicely as well. Your bullpen is a bit back-heavy and the MR guys would make me nervous if I was a Rox fan but at least your setup and closer roles are pretty solid.

I don't think SD has the offense to contend this year, I think the D-Backs were a mirage, and I think the Rockies can beat the Dodgers. Good luck, but I suspect the Rockies have as good a chance as any team in the NL this year.

Comment

My biggest concern is at second base. The Rockies had a rough stretch last season in May. They turned it around in June, but that winning just happend to coincide with Matsui's return from the DL. I hope Nix can provide the same kind of spark throughout this season.
          Rockies fan living in Texas

Comment

Nix at 2nd is gong to be a concern. I hope he does well enough with the bat to remain in the lineup after
            reading about his defense.

Rockies 2007

total assists at 2nd base/529(Matsui 311)

total assists at SS/597(Tulo 561)

That is a total of 1126 assists which comes to 42 games worth of outs at 2 positions.

If Nix hits well enough the Rockies will be real strong up the middle and both Nix/Tulo will have
            a chance at +500 assists. That is if the Rockies pitchers can keep the ball on the ground again.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X