Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coors field a big disadvantage for the rockies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coors field a big disadvantage for the rockies?

What do you think? they have a big hitting Advantage but their Opponent gets to have that same Advantage so that does not really help them.

on the other Hand their pitchers have to pitch half of the games at coors field. of course the opponents pitcher gets to pitch there too but apart from the runs given up the rockies pitchers have to face more batters, thus the innings are longer with more pitches thrown which causes more wear and tear and possibly injuries (since they throw more innings at coors than Opponent pitchers). the bullpen also gets eaten up more which can translate to the next series.

on top of that there is also an indication that there is a "road hangover" for the hitters but I'm not sure about that.

Overall I think that coors is a pretty big disadvantage and makes it even harder to build a winning Team there (the market does not help either).
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Coors Field is a HUGE disadvantage for the Rockies. I firmly believe in the Coors Field Hangover Effect.

Here is a saber like article where they use wRC+

http://www.purplerow.com/2014/5/15/5...bers-are-lying

^^^ Coors even has the smart guys scratching their heads, making them wonder about their park factor formula. It is a good read.
    sigpic

"If I hear Bowie Kuhn say just once more he's doing something for the betterment of baseball, I'm going to throw-up.">Sparky Anderson
    MLB/Rockies/Yankees, Backer

Comment

the road hangover might be a factor but the biggest disadvantage is probably the burning of pitchers.
      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

Theoretically, there shouldn't be a big difference in home/away win-loss records compared to other clubs.

I call the advantage or disadvantage as it relates to batters, the Chuck Klein syndrome. LeMahieu now leads the NL in batting. But he's hitting .399 at home and only .289 on the road. Over his previous four years with the Rockies, he hit .314 at home and only .256 on the road. That's very consistent with the past 9 batting champs in their short history.

Comment

Originally posted by SABR Steve View Post
          Theoretically, there shouldn't be a big difference in home/away win-loss records compared to other clubs.

I call the advantage or disadvantage as it relates to batters, the Chuck Klein syndrome. LeMahieu now leads the NL in batting. But he's hitting .399 at home and only .289 on the road. Over his previous four years with the Rockies, he hit .314 at home and only .256 on the road. That's very consistent with the past 9 batting champs in their short history.
          But wouldn't their pitchers throw much more pitches per inning making them fatiqued as the season Progresses? I don't think that park is a big dissadvantage for their hitters even if there is a road hangover but for a pitcher it is really tough to Play there.

Comment

What is the Rockies historical gap between road and home compared to the rest of baseball?
            1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
            The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X