Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Secrets to Parking for FREE @Dodger Stadium

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Secrets to Parking for FREE @Dodger Stadium

    Looking for the fellow members to share their secrets to parking for fre at Dodger Stadium. I read something about parking at the Police Academy but not sure. Thanks.

  • #2
    If you arrive at the park from the 5 (Stadium Way exit), there's the Police Academy lot to your left just before the parking gate. There's also free parking along Sunset Blvd, but it's a long walk and it's not recommended for night games. Be advised that it fills up very quickly, so you might want to give yourself a LOT of time before the game to find parking at the Academy.
    SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
    "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

    Comment


    • #3
      You can park free on the curb on Academy Rd, just past Park Rd. just north of Solano Canyon right off the 110 Freeway.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mojorisin71
        If you arrive at the park from the 5 (Stadium Way exit), there's the Police Academy lot to your left just before the parking gate. There's also free parking along Sunset Blvd, but it's a long walk and it's not recommended for night games. Be advised that it fills up very quickly, so you might want to give yourself a LOT of time before the game to find parking at the Academy.
        how much time is A LOT?

        Comment


        • #5
          My free parking spots are in front of the convelesant hospital on Stadium Way, just outside the Elysian Park Ave (Sunset Blvd) entrance. The best part is that after the game, you're on your way as soon as you reach your car - no parking lot traffic jams! Oh and you're $12 richer.
          Last edited by Elvis; 01-11-2007, 12:09 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gro11ver
            how much time is A LOT?
            I've been to 7:10 games at around five-ish, and the Academy is full.

            I should also try the Solano Canyon parking thing as well. When the Stadium Way exit is jammed up, I stay on the 5, get on the 110, and exit at Academy Road, which is almost never filled up. How long before game time is Academy Road filled up?
            SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
            "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks for the great info everyone!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gro11ver
                thanks for the great info everyone!
                X2 thanks guys.
                06 NL WildCard Winners (But got roasted my the Mets):grouchy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Why even drive?

                  We took the Metro rail to a couple games last year and used the roundtripper bus from Union Station. Cost for the train was about $8 for an adult and the bus was another $2. The kids were half price on the train and thought the ride was a gas.

                  We're going to do it again this year and go a little early so we can hit La Golondrina and margarita up or maybe walk down the Phillipes for a sandwich. For a native, not having a car is scary at first, but one ride on that tram through the parking lot traffic will make a believer out of you.

                  As for parking at Barlow Respiratory, be careful and check the signs because they will tow you.
                  CAHardball

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Having more thoughts here:

                    You can also park at Union station for about $5 and take the tram, cheaper for a family.

                    There used to be a big LAFD office on between the 110 and Elysian Park that had an enourmous lot and hardly any cars. I haven't come in that way since I moved from Whittier in '81 but that might be another idea for a freebie.
                    CAHardball

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hardball
                      You can also park at Union station for about $5 and take the tram, cheaper for a family.
                      I don't believe there is a tram anymore, although there should be. But you can always take the #2 or #4 bus - they stop at the corner of Elysian Park and Sunset.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanx 4 the info, guys! As far as the academy, how early should I leave for the game?:noidea
                        "In a year that has been so improppable, the impossible has happened!" ---Vin Scully on Oct.15 of Game 1 of the 1988 World Series

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Elvis
                          My free parking spots are in front of the convelesant hospital on Stadium Way, just outside the Elysian Park Ave (Sunset Blvd) entrance. The best part is that after the game, you're on your way as soon as you reach your car - no parking lot traffic jams! Oh and you're $12 richer.
                          I also parked on that street last year. A few years back I started parking on Academy and I still do sometimes on the weekend but Stadium Way gets me home quicker on sellout games.

                          I sarted buying a Metrolink monthly pass a few months back so when the season starts, I'll probably leave my car at the Glendale station. I know for Opening day I am taking the Metrolink and the bus instead of driving.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dodger Andrew
                            Thanx 4 the info, guys! As far as the academy, how early should I leave for the game?:noidea
                            Give yourself a couple of hours to get there. Remember, it's LA, so you should always set aside one to two hours for traffic problems. Last week, it took me 45 minutes to get from Griffith Park (about 5 miles north of the Ravine) to the East LA interchange because someone found it covenient to have his car crash during morning rush hour.
                            SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                            "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This is a lot of valuable info, I'll be sure to use it next time I am in L.A. or "Dodgerland".

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X