Will the Dodgers win the NL west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Dodgers win the NL west

After having a year to forget for the Dodgers. We have came back strong this offseason by signing Mueller, Furcal, Nomar and now hopefully Reggie Sanders and re sign Jeff Weaver.
    Yes
    42.55%
    No
    40.43%
    Who Cares
    17.02%

Don't care.
    Hate Dodgers(see Blue Monday, Dodgers vs. Expos)
    Hope Dodgers and Rick Monday's legacy fold.
    GO ANGELS!
    Cristobal

Comment

Everyone should care, because its a baseball division and the winner makes the playoffs... so if your a fan of baseball at all you should care which team makes the playoffs

But to the question: They should win the division, but then again thats not very hard... however for them to win in the playoffs theyre gonna need good performances out of their SPs... Edwin Jackson needs to live up to the hype

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
        Don't care.
        GO ANGELS!
        Could've just said "Go Giants" or something. Jeez, the Angels aren't our rivals (well, to Angel fans, they are).
        Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
          Don't care.
          GO ANGELS!

Pourquoi detester le mieux

Comment

Pitching wins ballgames ... and, although I like some of those pickups also, their pitching doesn't become intimidating until the 9th inning. But, as we all know, you have to get him (Gagne) the ball.

If their pitching can stand up ... they can be really good. If not ... well ... you know.

(I voted "no", by the way)

Comment

To me the Dodgers are starting to look like Giants version 2.0. They can be good as long as their old guys don't decline and their injury-prone guys don't get injured. That said, i think it's a good sign that Colletti hasn't given up much young talent to achieve short-term success and appease the LA media and the McCourts. If Barry Bonds is healthy this year, then the Giants are the favorites. But if he declines a lot or gets hurt, then i'd go with LA.

Comment

They very well might, but I won't be watching. I'll catch a day game here or there, but mostly I sleep during the times west coast night games are on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
                  After having a year to forget for the Dodgers. We have came back strong this offseason by signing Mueller, Furcal, Nomar and now hopefully Reggie Sanders and re sign Jeff Weaver.
                  I'm glad the trolley dodgers wasted their money on these retreads (other than Furcal). Makes it easier for the Giants to win the NL West next year.
                  Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
                    I'm glad the trolley dodgers wasted their money on these retreads (other than Furcal). Makes it easier for the Giants to win the NL West next year.

The Gnats will be where they belong behind the Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Jake83
                      The Gnats will be where they belong behind the Blue
                      <yawn> I'm sorry did you say something?
                      Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules
                        <yawn> I'm sorry did you say something?
                        You should pay attention to the truth...it will set you free from the black (and orange) curse.

Comment

The Black Death of the Gnats

Comment

NL West (L.A. vs. SF)

let's break down the favorites:

LA/position/SF
                            Nomar/1B/Niekro, Sweeney
                            offense: LA defense: SF edge: too soon to tell
                            Kent/2B/Durham
                            offense: LA defense: SF edge: LA
                            Furcal/SS/Vizquel
                            offense: Furcal defense: Vizquel edge: SF
                            Mueller/3B/Alfonzo, Feliz
                            offense: wash defense: wash edge: wash
                            Navarro, Alomar, Phillips/C/Matheny
                            offense: Matheny defense: Matheny edge: SF
                            Drew, Cruz Jr./RF/Alou
                            offense: Drew (if heathy, won't be) defense: Drew/Cruz edge LA (if Drew survives)
                            Lofton/CF/Winn

offense: Winn defense: Winn edge: SF
                            Werth, Cruz/LF/Bonds

offense: Bonds defense: not Bonds edge: SF

Starting Rotation
                            Weaver(?), Lowe, Perez, Penny, Jackson
                            vs.
                            Schmidt, Morris, Lowery, Hennessey, Cain
                            edge: SF

Bullpen
                            Gagne, Sanchez, Brazoban, Osoria/Kuo/Schmoll/Houlton/Broxton??
                            vs.
                            Benitez, Kline, Worrell, Walker, Munter, Taschner, Fassero
                            edge: SF

Manager: Alou over Little
                            Fans: SF (attendance, innings watched)
                            GM: Sabean over Ned

Defense: Giants
                            Pitching: Giants
                            Offense: Giants
                            MGR/GM/Fans: Giants
                            Playoff Experience: wash
                            LA: 169 Div. Ser.-109 LCS-40 WS= 318 total games...9 LCS rings, 3 WS rings
                            SF: 141 Div. Ser.-120 LCS-53 WS= 314 total games...13 LCS rings, 1 WS ring
                            (49 of Dodgers postseason games belong to Sandy Alomar...who we can all agree hasn't been a productive member of anything for quite a few years)

I can't really compare benches until we know how the pieces fall into place at a later date.
                            Last edited by RobertHConner; 12-19-2005, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I think that's about right, RHC. I think Bonds anywhere near the playing field gives the Giants a huge boost. If we had Barry for only two months of last season we probably would have won the West. And just think: With Barry, Randy Winn, Armando Benitez, Matt Cain, and Moises Alou for full seasons, and Matt Morris instead of Brett Tomko, this team could be VERY good.

I'm confused about those Playoff numbers you have, though. Are those figures the amount of games each team has played in each round? Because the Giants have only played in four Division Series and six NLCS. Da Jints have been in the World Series 16 times (three in SF) and won it five times (not counting this coming year).

Also, you do mean Sandy Koufax, not Alomar, right?
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X