Nomar in the WBC . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomar in the WBC . . .

I hope that Nomar is in-shape and ready to play far before the WBC begins. If he plans to use the WBC to "play his way into shape", the Dodgers could get the raw end of the deal, as I feel he'd be risking injury by following that plan. However, I've never a peep about him coming to Spring Training unfit to compete, so I doubt that will be a problem. Even though some Dodger fans seem to feel that we've signed a guy who will never be healthy for any length of time again in his career, I think that Nomar will be a very good, if not great, Dodger 1B. Even if Cuba is allowed to play, the Mexicans may just surprise some people. Don't ever bet against Vinny Castilla!

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NA...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

This is a blatant move by Nomar to connect with the Mexican Dodger fan base no player has done so since Fernando. Either it will be a sucess with him returning to his previous form for worst case he is injured playing in the WBC.

Comment

I don't mind Nomar playing the WBC. There's a chance of injury in every baseball game, and who's to say that Nomar won't get hurt in April or May? If he wants to play, let him.
      SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
      "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Go figure . . . Nomah's parents are from Mehico . . . I did not know that!

Comment

I am a little confused about all this talk of players risking injury in the WBC? As Mojo says
          There's a chance of injury in every baseball game
          , and I am sure players even get injured in spring training? If a player is not able to cope with games such as the WBC are they really worthy of being in the club at all?
          "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

He's announced he's out of the WBC. Bad for Mexico, great for the Dodgers.
            "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X