Would Molina be worth signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Molina be worth signing

From reports this past week the Dodgers may be interested in signing Molina. This may signal the end for Navarro espically if Russel Martin proves with the WBC and Spring Traning he can play at a major league level. Signing Molina to a 1 yr deal may be worth it if he can sign him at a discounted price and most importanly we would be signing a former Angel catcher who should of never been let go of.

"After spending the past eight seasons with the Angels, Molina has great knowledge of American League hitters and is coming off his finest season -- .295 batting average, 15 home runs and 69 RBIs for the AL West Division champions.

And, at just 31 years of age, he's just now entering what should be the prime seasons of his career.

Molina certainly thinks so and he told the Yuma (Ariz.) Sun over the weekend that he would sit out the upcoming season if he doesn't receive the annual salary he is seeking, which is believed to be in the $6 million range.

"I think I have done enough to deserve something," Molina told the paper on Saturday while attending an alumni game at Arizona Western Community College. "If I don't get that type of deal, I think I'm willing to sit out and see what happens next year. I hope it doesn't come to that."

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...2005&fext=.jsp

apparently, a discounted price is out of the question

Comment

Molina, who played 119 games last season, made $3 million and the Jays reportedly have offered about $4 million.
      He made $3m last year and nobody wants him at that price, then why would the Dodgers want to pay double that for him?? Sorry - not a $6m dollar man!!
      "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Originally posted by DownUnderDodger
        He made $3m last year and nobody wants him at that price, then why would the Dodgers want to pay double that for him?? Sorry - not a $6m dollar man!!

No he has been offered a contract for 4 million by Toronto.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X