Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ticket question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by west coast orange and black
    Elvis9045: I love Dodger Dogs mostly because they're an instant pleasant memory-trigger...

    c'mon, man. dodger dogs used to be the best.
    they changed the taste of 'em years ago.
    The don't grill them anymore except at special concession stands that say "grilled." and have the long lines. I even know that even though I have been to the Ravine, not counting the game I umpired there in 2004, three times in the last decade and for one ST Freeway Series game. BTW, the Angels won that game and love shouting "scoreboard" in reply to the "Angels suck" chant. :gt
    http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...eline_1961.jpg

    Comment


    • #17
      I love Dodger dogs but I make sure I go to the sections with the sign "Grilled" The majority of the stands are grilled except.... the pavilliom, they are steamed there.

      If you get early to the park to watch batting practice, you can enter at any of the gates provided you have a tickets to the field, Loge, Reserved or top deck. You can't go from those sections to the pavillions without having to go out out and come back in. The tickets at the Top deck are the cheapest now at $6. You get a beautiful view of the mountains from there and the Top of the Park gift shop is there.

      I love OLOCR (Our lady of Chavez Ravine). Can't wait to be there listening to Vinny on the radio.
      crzblue
      Registered User
      Last edited by crzblue; 01-26-2006, 08:42 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by crzblue
        I love Dodger dogs but I make sure I go to the sections with the sign "Grilled" The majority of the stands are grilled except.... the pavilliom, they are steamed there.

        If you get early to the park to watch batting practice, you can enter at any of the gates provided you have a tickets to the field, Loge, Reserved or top deck.
        You can't watch BP with a pavilion ticket?
        Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
        Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by RuthMayBond
          You can't watch BP with a pavilion ticket?
          No, you can of course, don't worry. This is what crzblue meant:

          LOS ANGELES DODGERS BATTING PRACTICE GUIDELINES
          The Los Angeles Dodgers invite fans of all ages to enter the stadium early to watch Dodger batting practice. Fans are allowed to enter either the Left Field Pavilion or the left field Field entrance two hours prior to the start of the game with a ticket for any location. All other entrances into the stadium will open one and one half hours prior to the start of the game.

          Pavilion area ticket holders are allowed to enter the Left Field Pavilion only. Ticket holders for all other levels are allowed to enter the left field Field entrance or may also enter the Left Field Pavilion to watch batting practice.

          Fans watching batting practice on the Field Level will be able to watch from Aisle 19 to Aisle 57. Fans watching from the Pavilion will be able to watch from any aisle in Left Field Pavilion.

          At the conclusion of batting practice, fans will be asked to move to the location or level designated on their ticket.

          Guidelines for a 1:10pm Start
          11:10 a.m. - Parking lots open to fans
          11:10 a.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
          11:40 a.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

          Guidelines for a 7:10 p.m. Start
          5:10 p.m. - Parking lots open to fans
          5:10 p.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
          5:40 p.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

          Guidelines for a 7:40 p.m. Start
          5:40 p.m. - Parking lots open to fans
          5:40 p.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
          6:10 p.m. - All remaining gates open to fans


          Oh, and the Top of the Park gift shop is open from when the parking gates open until 1 hour after the game ends on game days, and regular business hours on non game days. It's located at the Top Deck level behind home plate.
          Elvis
          Team Veteran
          Last edited by Elvis; 01-26-2006, 10:05 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Elvis9045
            No, you can of course, don't worry. This is what crzblue meant:

            LOS ANGELES DODGERS BATTING PRACTICE GUIDELINES
            The Los Angeles Dodgers invite fans of all ages to enter the stadium early to watch Dodger batting practice. Fans are allowed to enter either the Left Field Pavilion or the left field Field entrance two hours prior to the start of the game with a ticket for any location. All other entrances into the stadium will open one and one half hours prior to the start of the game.

            Pavilion area ticket holders are allowed to enter the Left Field Pavilion only. Ticket holders for all other levels are allowed to enter the left field Field entrance or may also enter the Left Field Pavilion to watch batting practice.

            Fans watching batting practice on the Field Level will be able to watch from Aisle 19 to Aisle 57. Fans watching from the Pavilion will be able to watch from any aisle in Left Field Pavilion.

            At the conclusion of batting practice, fans will be asked to move to the location or level designated on their ticket.

            Guidelines for a 1:10pm Start
            11:10 a.m. - Parking lots open to fans
            11:10 a.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
            11:40 a.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

            Guidelines for a 7:10 p.m. Start
            5:10 p.m. - Parking lots open to fans
            5:10 p.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
            5:40 p.m. - All remaining gates open to fans

            Guidelines for a 7:40 p.m. Start
            5:40 p.m. - Parking lots open to fans
            5:40 p.m. - Left Field Field Level and Left Field Pavilion open to fans
            6:10 p.m. - All remaining gates open to fans


            Oh, and the Top of the Park gift shop is open from when the parking gates open until 1 hour after the game ends on game days, and regular business hours on non game days. It's located at the Top Deck level behind home plate.
            Two hours early, that's my plan, thanks
            Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
            Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

            Comment


            • #21
              bluesteve32: The don't grill them anymore except at special concession stands that say "grilled."

              i must've been in the wrong line, then.
              i continue to comment on dodger dogs only because they are so good and remind me of my earliest visits to dodger stadium.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Elvis9045
                No, you can of course, don't worry. This is what crzblue meant...
                thanks Elvis for posting the rules.

                I am excited I am going to the WIN event. I can't attend the caravan as I leave early in the morning for a business trip. Are you going to the Caravan?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by crzblue
                  thanks Elvis for posting the rules.

                  I am excited I am going to the WIN event. I can't attend the caravan as I leave early in the morning for a business trip. Are you going to the Caravan?
                  Hi Emma. No, it seems I'm always working. :noidea I'm surprised I actually have time to go to any games, but I will find a way!

                  I can't wait to see how OLCR looks with the new renovations!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Elvis9045
                    Hi Emma. No, it seems I'm always working. :noidea I'm surprised I actually have time to go to any games, but I will find a way!

                    I can't wait to see how OLCR looks with the new renovations!
                    Elvis,
                    Come spring, she is going to look great. I remember last year during February when I went to the "I LIVE for THIS" and saw just dirt on the field in preparation for the grass, I was worry, but by Opening day she looked mighty pretty. Can't wait for those magic words from Vinny "Iiiis Time for Dodger baseball"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      What exactly is between sections 313 & 314, and are fans allowed to jump onto "it"?
                      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        What exactly is between sections 313 & 314, and are fans allowed to jump onto "it"?
                        Those are just more benches with a black tarp covering them. About 10 years ago they closed off those two small areas because some players complained that those seats were intruding into the batter's eye screen area. It's pretty rare that a ball will hit those sections, so I wouldn't worry about jumping on it, although I wouldn't advise it. One thing you can see in the LF pavilion and nowhere else is the Henry Aaron plaque which is attached to the facade of the foot-rest area of the 1st row of seats in front of one of the sections which indicates where he hit his final Dodger Stadium home run (#676) in 1973.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Elvis9045
                          Those are just more benches with a black tarp covering them. About 10 years ago they closed off those two small areas because some players complained that those seats were intruding into the batter's eye screen area. It's pretty rare that a ball will hit those sections, so I wouldn't worry about jumping on it, although I wouldn't advise it. One thing you can see in the LF pavilion and nowhere else is the Henry Aaron plaque which is attached to the facade of the foot-rest area of the 1st row of seats in front of one of the sections which indicates where he hit his final Dodger Stadium home run (#676) in 1973.
                          It's making me lean more toward LF. I was going back and forth between getting LF seats (JKent, Nomar) and RF seats (for visitors LGonzalez, SGreen, CTracy)
                          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                            It's making me lean more toward LF. I was going back and forth between getting LF seats (JKent, Nomar) and RF seats (for visitors LGonzalez, SGreen, CTracy)
                            Just so you know, they only start selling tickets in the RF pavilion if the LF pavilion is sold out or anticipated to be sold out in advance. If you wait too late to buy tix you may not have a choice but to sit in RF. The RF side is nice because you can see the DiamondVision though.

                            The Dodgers are on pace to set the all-time Dodger attendance record this year with so much optimism for this season. They've already sold about 2.5 million tickets and it's not even opening day yet. So get your tix as early as possible!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Elvis9045
                              Just so you know, they only start selling tickets in the RF pavilion if the LF pavilion is sold out or anticipated to be sold out in advance. If you wait too late to buy tix you may not have a choice but to sit in RF. The RF side is nice because you can see the DiamondVision though.

                              The Dodgers are on pace to set the all-time Dodger attendance record this year with so much optimism for this season. They've already sold about 2.5 million tickets and it's not even opening day yet. So get your tix as early as possible!
                              Thinking about it ,as long as they let me go over to LF, I think I'd prefer RF, more power from Arizona (unless you know which team they let you in for batting practice)
                              Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                              Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                Thinking about it ,as long as they let me go over to LF, I think I'd prefer RF, more power from Arizona (unless you know which team they let you in for batting practice)
                                If you have RF tickets, once batting practice is over you have to move over to the RF pavilion and stay there. They have two separate gates - one for each pavilion and really they're not "connected". What game are you going to? Arizona? A small group from my work are planning to go to the Friday night game against the D-backs in late April, I forget the exact date, but we're getting pavilion tickets.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X