Gagne's Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gagne's Season

Will Eric Gagne pitch as well as he has in the past years after sitting out for a year?

It's possible. I don't think he'll touch his streak, though.
    GOT ALBERT?
    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

gagne is the greatest relief pitcher in the Mlb and still will be. The injury was his leg, so its not going to hurt his pitching at all. In fact, it actually might help his pitching.

Comment

[QUOTE=fhernandez1.00]gagne is the greatest relief pitcher in the Mlb and still will be. The injury was his leg, so its not going to hurt his pitching at all. In fact, it actually might help his pitching.

Couldn't have said it better. And for the people that think Mo Rivera is better, Gagne throws three pitches...Rivera throws one.

Comment

Having that time off to allow the injury to totally heal cannot but do him the world of good. The big thing about his year may be his mental attitude more so than his fitness. If he has come back with that same killer instinct he will have a great year, and I have no doubts he will! Maybe he will want to challenge his record!
          "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Gagne will make a great comeback this year, esp. being "pushed" at the beginning of the season, with Baez breathing down his neck. The short-lived "closer by committee" in '02 brought Gagne into his own, and I expect the same in '06.
            "... then you would run for Gibson and have Sax batting. But, we have a big 3-2 pitch coming here from Eckersley. Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4, I don't believe what I just saw!"

Jack Buck, 10/15/88

Comment

Originally posted by fhernandez1.00
              gagne is the greatest relief pitcher in the Mlb and still will be. The injury was his leg, so its not going to hurt his pitching at all. In fact, it actually might help his pitching.
              I agree the Game Over is the best in MLB; I also agree that the fact that he is a 3 pitch guy makes him even tougher. However, could you explain how you think a leg injury, or any injury for that matter, might actually help his pitching? I'd bet that if you'd ask Gagne about his injury that he would say that he'd have preferred to stay healthy the entire time. I guess from the standpoint that his arm was rested during the time off, but other than that, I don't see any positives.
              I am liking what I'm hearing from Grady about his progress in Vero, though.
              "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

I'd forgotten about Gagne's "suspension"

I'd forgotten about this: http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/NA...t=.jsp&c_id=la
                because it has been so long since it happened.

I think it's a stupid ruling anyway, but then that is what makes Bud Selig so special (http://www.efqreview.com/NewFiles/ma...ellaneous.html - scroll down to "Fix Baseball'Contract Bud" t-shirt). I suppose it all boiled up because Game Over argued and was tossed that day, but the rule about DL guys not being in their uni is simply stupid. It does sound as if MLB "dropped the ball" on this one though, as Gagne hasn't been informed as to how the whole thing will be handled.

Bottom line is that the first few games will be "closer by committee" which will let us see what our BP has to offer early in the season.

And NO, I gain nothing by posting the t-shirt link to EFQ. If you're not familiar with EFQ, though, you should check it out. A must for any serious baseball fan who enjoys reading.
                "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X