X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the off season is back!!

Any good rumors, or silly stories??
    "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

http://www.dodgerdivorce.com/
      No one can make you
      Do what they want to
      You know you're stronger
      Than the lies
      That they tell you

Comment

Team Needs vs. Available Free Agents

2B: Adam Kennedy, Jamey Carroll
        SP: John Lackey, Justin Duchscherer, Joel Pineiro, Randy Wolf (?)

Kennedy is clearly at the top of the list IMO, and Carroll would be a tremendous back-up to have available.

I would very much like to see Wolf come back. I believe Mr. Colletti should pursue Lackey with all he's got, with Duchscherer and Pineiro being part of Plan B.
        "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

We'll be lucky to even resign Wolf and have a decent 2B, most likely we'll end up with Dewitt at 2B and Bedard or Harden as the new #1.........
          22 League Pennants

Assume nothing; Question everything

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgersfan323 View Post
            We'll be lucky to even resign Wolf and have a decent 2B, most likely we'll end up with Dewitt at 2B and Bedard or Harden as the new #1.........
            Why the pessimism?

I don't think it is unrealistic at all to believe that the Dodgers can sign either Adam Kennedy or Felipe Lopez to sure up 2B. And as I have posted previously, I believe Jamey Carroll, most recently at Cleveland, would be a good choice as a utility infielder. And perhaps DeWitt will have one more shot at "panning out"? Not saying he deserves it, just trying to predict what the team will do with him.

I would think that Wolf wants to come back, and I for one have no problem with signing either Harden or Bedard. However, I cannot see either of those guys (Harden or Bedard) as the #1. I also would like very much to see John Lackey, Joel Pineiro, and Justin Duchscherer given hard looks. Personally, I would not cry "Oh No" if we signed any of these guys for 2010. Maybe that sentiment is in the minority though, I've no idea. Pretty light traffic on this thread so far this offseason!

2009:
            * Wolf: 34 GS, 11W-7L, 214.1 IP, 3.23 ERA, 1.01 WHIP
            * Bedard: 15 GS, 5W-3L, 83 IP, 2.82 ERA, 1.19 WHIP (see my post from 12.05.07)
            * Harden: 26 GS, 9W-9L, 141 IP, 4.09 ERA, 1.34 WHIP
            * Lackey: 27 GS, 11W-8L, 176.1 IP, 3.83 ERA, 1.27 WHIP
            * Pineiro: 32 GS, 15W-12L, 214 IP, 3.49 ERA, 1.15 WHIP
            * Duchscherer: 22 GS, 10W-8L, 141.2 IP, 2.54 ERA, 1.00 WHIP
            Last edited by bhss89; 11-28-2009, 04:24 PM. Reason: Inadvertently clicked "Post Reply"
            "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Comment

The fact of the matter is that our owner only has one million in his checking account, and I don't think that money will be going toward free agents!
              No one can make you
              Do what they want to
              You know you're stronger
              Than the lies
              That they tell you

Comment

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy View Post
                The fact of the matter is that our owner only has one million in his checking account, and I don't think that money will be going toward free agents!
                Huh?

Read the third paragraph: http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la

I do realize this is speculation, but it cannot be that far off. There's a bit more than $1 million to work with this offseason.
                Last edited by bhss89; 11-28-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X