Clayton Kershaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clayton Kershaw

Anybody been following this teenager? :cap: He's only 19 years old and has been clocked at 97 mph this spring. He's got a killer curve ball that has been compared to Sandy Koufax. Torre has said he will remind with the Dodgers the rest of spring training even if he doesn't make the starting roster.

Check out this video on his curve ball.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HYc8j6F50BU

Wow 28 views and no replies :noidea

Comment

IMHO, the bottom line is that he needs a full season at Vegas.
      I certainly understand if Colletti and Watson push for Kershaw to be with the big team by the ASB, but I think a AAA year will be best for his development in the long run. I'd bet that Torre feels the same way.
      No need to rush him, he turns 20 next Wednesday.

And yes, Clayton's Uncle Charlie Magnus is muy impressivo.
      "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post

Check out this video on his curve ball.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HYc8j6F50BU
        Keep seeing this: This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.
        Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
          Keep seeing this: This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.
          damn they already took it down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=buqaxaSWIOA

try this one

Comment

damn they already took it down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=buqaxaSWIOA

try this one
            0 for 2 dude.
            "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

Comment

Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
              0 for 2 dude.
              "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."
              well it's still up there i guess on a different video. Just go to youtube.com and type clayton kershaw and find the one against hte redsox.

Comment

well it's still up there i guess on a different video. Just go to youtube.com and type clayton kershaw and find the one against hte redsox.
                I found a video of him. His curve is nasty. What other pitches does he throw?

Comment

not really sure. I know he's been clocked at 97 though.

Comment

just an update. he's got a .90 ERA in 5 relief apperances. struck out 6 Brewers in 3 innings while only giving up 1 hit and 0 runs yesterday.

Comment

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la

According to this article, Torre said he expects Kershaw to start the season in AA
                      Originally posted by bhss89
                      "Hi. My name is John. I'd like you to meet my fastball. Can you catch up to it?
                      Didn't think so. I'll see you again tomorrow night around the top of the ninth."
                      Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
                      Why can't they just air the doubleheaders? Those programs aimed at children are crap anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksilverfan12 View Post
                        http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/ne...t=.jsp&c_id=la

According to this article, Torre said he expects Kershaw to start the season in AA
                        At first I was thinking, what the hell. But after reading he balked I think it might be for the best. I know pitchers balk all the time but in his case I don't think he's quite ready for the majors. He's done great in Spring training but we have to remember this is spring training. I'm willing to bet that most hitters that are guaranteed a roster spot are not going to go out there with 110% like they might do during the regular season. They might try new things etc.. Granted I think he is a bad ass but I think AA might be the smart move. See how he does there and promote up to AAA by May or June.

Comment

Nineteen seems very young for a pitcher to be consistently successful at MLB level but I guess if this kid is something out of the box and matures quickly he will be up there in due course. Then again he may just fade out like a lot of promising young pitchers (and players in general) do. Hopefully, for his sake, he can keep on going amd make the big times.
                          "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Oh how have times changed

Comment

I want to see Lindblom, maybe they can become a 1-2? Imagine if Cliff Lee was in the mix and chatting with Sandy as well
                              22 League Pennants

Assume nothing; Question everything

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X