No announcement yet.

Nameless and Blameless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have observed this post, and have decided to pitch my argument. In my time on the board, I have never encountered people running to mods over arguments. I would never do that. Fair enough for more than regulation sigs(which I have been cited about), and bad language, but fighting battles is new to me.
    MySpace Codes

Comment

Originally posted by NY16CATCHER View Post
      In the Brooklyn forum, if you say anything positive about the L.A. team, anyone associated with the L.A. team or if you disagree with the general concesus of the regular posters of that thread with regards to what they hold as the gospel, you are considered to be a troll, attempting to flame, etc.
      Believe me. I have stated several times in the Brooklyn forum, that O'Malley meant a lot to baseball because he opened the door to the West Coast for baseball (I only do not agree with the way HOW he did it). I also said once or twice that comparing O'Malley with Hitler or Stalin does not make any sense because you can not compare the moving of a team with the massacres both Hitler and Stalin are responsible for.

In both situations, I have never been attacked for trolling or flaming. Maybe it is the way how you say it.

Just my :twocents:

Comment

Originally posted by stejay View Post
        I have observed this post, and have decided to pitch my argument. In my time on the board, I have never encountered people running to mods over arguments. I would never do that. Fair enough for more than regulation sigs(which I have been cited about), and bad language, but fighting battles is new to me.
        That is exactly what I mean Stejay. I know that I have been quite aggressive too, lately. Maybe I was dragged away into the negativity. I think you can admit that it is not my style to fight or to quarrel.

But in general, the atmosphere on BBF has deteriorated. Not only with the LA - Brooklyn feud, but all over the place.

It seems that a lot of new forumers do not respect other people's opinion anymore.

I really think that is a shame. To me BBF was some kind of Utopia, compared to other forums on the net.

Comment

If you're offended by the Professor's "Curse," clearly you have not been following the Dodgers since 1989. The Dodgers of the 90s were a prime example of how NOT to run a team.
          SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
          "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

The badger will guard us from any curses!

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

Comment

Originally posted by crzblue View Post
              The badger will guard us from any curses!

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/
              The badger has already been taken over by the Curse, and that is why the LA team is now in an endless loop of madness and defeat for the next century. At least. It scares even me.

Comment

At this point in the season, well beyond the halfway point, where there is plenty of blame to go around as you contemplate the performance of your team, is there an LA fan on this forum who has hope for 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by donzblock View Post
                  At this point in the season, well beyond the halfway point, where there is plenty of blame to go around as you contemplate the performance of your team, is there an LA fan on this forum who has hope for 2008?
                  I have some hope, because as bad as they've been, they're only a game back. Realistically, even if they win the division, I'd be surprised if they didn't get swept in the playoffs
                  Originally posted by bhss89
                  "Hi. My name is John. I'd like you to meet my fastball. Can you catch up to it?
                  Didn't think so. I'll see you again tomorrow night around the top of the ninth."
                  Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
                  Why can't they just air the doubleheaders? Those programs aimed at children are crap anyway.

Comment

Because I always try and be fair with anyone I come into contact with I gave you the benefit of the doubt and believed that perhaps you were truly interested in what hope we LA fans give the team this year. I refrained from responding and moved on. But after going to the Brooklyn page I saw your little post and the glee you seem to have for what is actually a "flame." So I will respond. I have much more hope of the L.A. DODGERS making the playoffs and even the Series than I give to the Brooklyn Dodgers making it this year or any year.

Comment

If they're new to the team, then yes, they should have hope. If they've been watching all the moronic front office moves of the last 20 years, then no, the season is as good as over.
                      SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                      "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

At least they have hope (and frankly, a decent shot at the playoffs).
                        What hope do you have of seeing the Brooklyn Dodgers play again?
                        Hmmmm.....I'll wager....ZERO!!
                        So sad.

By the way, DonzBlock, I saw in another forum you called LA fans gutless.
                        Do you have the guts to repeat that here?

Last edited by LetsGoMets687; 07-20-2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X