0.00%
    Joe Torre
    0.00%
    Ned Colletti
    70.00%
    Other (Please specify)
    10.00%
    Originally posted by bhss89
    "Hi. My name is John. I'd like you to meet my fastball. Can you catch up to it?
    Didn't think so. I'll see you again tomorrow night around the top of the ninth."
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
    Why can't they just air the doubleheaders? Those programs aimed at children are crap anyway.

The fact that McCourt has vetoed a lot of Ned's trade proposals speaks volumes about his confidence in him.
    SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
    "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

How much of this mess is Colletti's fault and how much of it is McCourt's fault? I truely believe that Colletti did a good job recovering from the DePodesta era. I think the only mistake that the front office has made so far was the Jones signing. I'm not saying this because he stinks and probably has more K's than Billingsly does pitching! We didn't need him! The Jones signing just created a mess in the outfield. We already had three good outfielders, why did we need four? If Pierre was a liability, why couldn't we have moved Kemp to CF and Pierre to LF? Heck, if that didn't work out, I'd still be happier with Jason Repko in CF rather than Jones. What do Kemp, Ethier, and Young have to do in order to get some playing time over Jones? Restructure their contracts and make $18 mill a year? Last offseason, we should've made a serious run at a power hitting 3rd baseman/corner infielder. Nomar would've proved to be a great utility guy to come off the bench and spell the starters and also keeps him fresh. Let's go after some power. Too bad someone won't take Jones off our hands. Derek Lowe would also be someone to shop only because he's a free agent and I really don't see the Dodgers bringing him back.
      In a way, I'm glad we didn't win the C.C. rental sweepstakes. Yeah C.C. would've given us a strong rotation. Dang C.C., Billingsly, and Kuroda sound nice! But giving up LaRoche for a rental isn't really a good idea. Unless C.C. would've agreed to some kind of extension I'm glad we stayed put.

Comment

Colletti's made more than one boneheaded move, djpassion. What about the Schmidt signing? Everyone in the league knew he was a huge injury risk, if not already crippled. Jones hit under .240 last year while not being on the disabled list. If a guy does that poorly healthy, why would you think he'd improve? Let's not forget ridiculous end of season disasters (Wells, anyone?) or the fact that Ned constantly keeps hiring over the hill Giants to play for us because he's their poker buddy. He has got to go.

And trading Lowe is certainly not the answer. He's the best starter we have and his value is 2x as much in the playoffs which it looks like we're headed for. Giving up Lowe for the rest of the year in order to acquire a shortstop that hits below league average is not the way to go. Put Nomar at SS, Blake at 3B, and hold on to Lowe.
        1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
        1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
        1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
        2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

Coletti has 'recovered' from the DePodesta era? Good lord.
          Originally posted by Domenic
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X