X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Ramirez Dealt to Dodgers

http://trades.mlblogs.com/archives/2...dger_blue.html

Congrats?
    HE DROPPED THE BALL! HE DROPPED THE BALL!
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5026043

Damon's Double Steal
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?c...pic_id=7223232

I'm sure there will be nay-sayers and haters regarding this transaction, but as Kanye says, "Me likey." The Big Blue is definitely scuffling at the plate and Manny will help, big time. Not to mention that his psyche is pretty much made for the LA scene.
    I'm sure that Jeff Kent is changing his dinner plans to accomodate Manny as I type this . . .
    "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

I'm thinking there will be an eruption in the clubhouse if Manny starts to pull any of his BS. Joe Torre doesn't stand for that, and you know I believe that Jeff Kent will have a few issues there as well.
      "Chicks love me."
      -Pat Burrell

Comment

WOW Amazing.
        Join Pigskin Fever Today and tell 'em packersfan reffered you when you register!

Please read the Baseball Fever Policy and Fourm FAQ before posting.

Comment

As a Red Sox fan, I just have this to say.

He's your problem now...
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Will Joe make him cut his hair, catch the ball, pay attention......

Comment

Doubt Torre will make him cut his hair...that was a Steinbrenner rule. Torre was laid-back about hair when he managed the Mets, Braves & Cardinals.

What you should worry about can be summed up in one word:

Paparazzi.

Comment

This will work. We gave up a dead prospect LaRoche and a pitcher we didn't have much regard for. Ramirez could add about three wins to our team between now and the end of the season which should be enough to be firmly ahead of the D'backs. Bigger question is how we don't lose the bat of Pierre/Kemp or Ethier now that we have five outfielders. Jones isn't an issue because I only see him pinch hitting from here on out.

Edit: Wow. Can't believe Boston was willing to part with him. Losing his bat gives Tampa Bay even more of an advantage (they're already up by three games). Let's not forget that Minnesota is playing their hearts out in the Wild Card race. This could cost Boston the playoffs.
                Last edited by BlueBlood; 07-31-2008, 04:43 PM.
                1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
                1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
                1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
                2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

I think this was a good move for LA. If they are going to compete they need a player like Manny. LaRoche had potential but I think management was slowly getting tired of waiting around for him to come around. Blake Dewitt started to struggle but I think he'll come around and it's no point in having Dewitt and Andy on our team. As far as giving away our previous number 1 pick, I think it's worth it if it means we could go deep into the playoffs.

Having Manny bat behind Kemp could be huge for the Dodgers and Kemps career.

Comment

Originally posted by PatTheBat5 View Post
                    I'm thinking there will be an eruption in the clubhouse if Manny starts to pull any of his BS. Joe Torre doesn't stand for that, and you know I believe that Jeff Kent will have a few issues there as well.
                    Kent and Manny know each other already. They were teammates in Cleveland.

Comment

Maybe I'm gullible, but I have to believe that Manny will respect Torre's rules and the culture of the Dodger clubhouse simply because he wants to win and make the playoffs. At the very least, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong.
                      Regarding LaRoche, I think the correct decision was made by Colletti, White, and Watson. I like Blake at 3B and I guess you could say that DeWitt is the future at 3B unless we obtain someone who's currently wearing a different uni. I'm not saying it factored into the deal, but it was nice to see Adam join brother Andy in Pitt.
                      With 55 games remaining, it will be a pleasure to watch Manny hit 20 dongs and drive in 40! :crossfingers:
                      Last edited by bhss89; 07-31-2008, 07:41 PM.
                      "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

A motivated Manny is a force to be reckoned with. For the (probably) two months + you have him, enjoy him. He's one of a kind.
                        "Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson, Esquire (March 1, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by bhss89 View Post
                          Maybe I'm gullible, but I have to believe that Manny will respect Torre's rules and the culture of the Dodger clubhouse simply because he wants to win and make the playoffs. At the very least, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong.
                          Ahh, memories.

Seriously, good luck with the guy. He could be absolutely stupendous for you, especially against weak NL pitching.

Comment

Bitchen!!
                            Hopefully this trade will work out for us.
                            Rick Marquez

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...bmcdodgers.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfan View Post
                              Bitchen!!
                              Hopefully this trade will work out for us.
                              What would REALLY be great for you guys would be if the NL woke up, smelled the coffee and adopted the DH rule. It would certainly clear a bit of your OF logjam out there in Chavez Ravine and give you an extra big bat in the lineup.

Wonder how Manny's gonna like wearing #28...?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X