No announcement yet.

Manny Ramirez Dealt to Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure how Manny will react to this but I remember when he said he wanted to go to LA a couple of years back. I really feel like he's going to gel and stay quiet and just in general do his job there. Plus he is currently batting over .350 in July and around .500 in his last 10 games or so. You guys are getting a hot hitter that plays his best ball in August, September and October when he's motivated.
    Ellsbury SB: 54

Comment

Originally posted by SDL View Post
      What would REALLY be great for you guys would be if the NL woke up, smelled the coffee and adopted the DH rule. It would certainly clear a bit of your OF logjam out there in Chavez Ravine and give you an extra big bat in the lineup.

Wonder how Manny's gonna like wearing #28...?
      Woke up? Smelled the coffee? Adopt the DH? No, let's hope not. The NL plays real baseball and I think most Dodgers fans would agree that things in the NL are just fine the way they are, now and forever.
      "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Baseball is a game played with two teams of NINE PLAYERS EACH, not EIGHT and TWO HALVES.

That being said, I like the trade if only because the Sox are paying all his salary. We basically get him for free. And in baseball, money talks.
        SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
        "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by mojorisin71 View Post
          Baseball is a game played with two teams of NINE PLAYERS EACH, not EIGHT and TWO HALVES.

That being said, I like the trade if only because the Sox are paying all his salary. We basically get him for free. And in baseball, money talks.
          With your pitching and the addition of Manny, you've got no excuse not to take the NL west.

Hope to see you in October (With the same result as last time )

Comment

My hope for this entire scenario unfolding is that Ethier stays positive and classy the way he has up to this point. He seems to be a guy who "gets it" and who will take a trip to the playoffs any way he can get there. Is he "toolsy" enough to start for a lot of teams? Hells yeah, and many guys in his shoes would pout and be a bad apple. But I continue to give him credit for being a "team first, me second" guy. I hope it stays that way. As far as Jones sitting in favor of Pierre much of the time, I hope that he too can respect Torre's decision and stay upbeat. We shall see . . .
            On another note, here's hoping Broxton continues to tear it up!!
            "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

Comment

Okay, so we're 0-1 with Manny being Manny. Haters, sound off.
              To the real fans that truly bleed Blue, I'm pretty damn fired up about the near future.
              Last edited by bhss89; 08-02-2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twenty Seven View Post
                I accept your congratulations. Me thinks we'll be just fine. The Bronx may offically exhale.

Comment

As Kevin Kennedy called, Manny hit his first home run tonight.

In other news though he has stated that he wants to stay in LA. He likes not being hounded and being able to relax in Socal. What is interesting is he says money is not the main interest. With Scott Boras as his agent you have to think they will push the Dodgers hard on this one. What do you guys think Colletti will do this off-season? Let Manny go or find a way to dump Pierre, Jones, or Either, or any combination of those three?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesecake View Post
                    As Kevin Kennedy called, Manny hit his first home run tonight.

In other news though he has stated that he wants to stay in LA. He likes not being hounded and being able to relax in Socal. What is interesting is he says money is not the main interest. With Scott Boras as his agent you have to think they will push the Dodgers hard on this one. What do you guys think Colletti will do this off-season? Let Manny go or find a way to dump Pierre, Jones, or Either, or any combination of those three?
                    Manny not being hounded in LA? What about those clowns from TMZ? Leave us face it, they see Manny out and about, they'll be all over him. He never really had to deal with that type of media in Boston and Cleveland.
                    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDL View Post
                      Manny not being hounded in LA? What about those clowns from TMZ? Leave us face it, they see Manny out and about, they'll be all over him. He never really had to deal with that type of media in Boston and Cleveland.
                      TMZ is not all that interested in married athletes, unless they're international mega superstars with famous wives like David Beckham. Manny won't be worth their time. Did the paparazzi hound Shaq everywhere he went? No.

Comment

I would be absolutely amazed if Manny is a Dodger next year. I think this is a classic rental. I don't think the Dodgers are willing to pay what he will demand, and I don't think it would be wise unless they dumped maybe Pierre and either Ethier or Kemp.

But with Furcal most likely leaving after this year, I bet they would like to keep Pierre as a leadoff hitter and use Kemp in a different spot.
                        "Ambition should be made of sterner stuff."

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoMets687 View Post
                          With your pitching and the addition of Manny, you've got no excuse not to take the NL west.

Hope to see you in October (With the same result as last time )
                          Hopefully we'll see a rematch of the FIRST LA/NYM postseason meeting
                          SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                          "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X