Manny to cut his hair!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
    Honestly I hate clubhouse rules like that, but if you're going to have them, don't enforce them with a velvet fist. Joe's handled the whole situation very awkwardly. They're in the playoff hunt and he spends every post-game talking about fashion.
    This IS California...

Comment

Originally posted by Imgran View Post
      This IS California...
      Torre probably prefers talking about fashion with LA beat writers than baseball with Bill Plaschke. So it might be for the best!

Comment

Anybody know the Dodgers record since he cut his hair? I wish he had never cut it now. This team is horrible as of late.

Comment

I agree with Honus: Manny's hitting prowess is not subject to the "Rule of Sampson" - he did just fine with short hair earlier in his career. Secondly, whether he's a Dodger next year or not, it's important for team chemistry down the stretch that Manny's "in the boat" with everyone else.
          I think it was Steve Phillips during the ESPN broadcast of the final Phillies game that said the Dodgers looked to be without any enthusiasm or cohesiveness. Everyone involved needs to stay together in this fight if the Big Blue is to have a decent chance to win the West.
          "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

I am not sure, but I think it was Orel Hershiser who said that about the Dodgers, because there was a story about Torre getting slightly steamed over it, since it's well known that Orel's name was bandied about for a Dodger job and that he supposedly would like to manage.

As for the hair, here's hoping the whole thing leads to the Dodgers just getting rid of this silly rule. No, I don't like Manny's hair, either. But I'm a lot more concerned with how they play than with how they look.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Green View Post
              I am not sure, but I think it was Orel Hershiser who said that about the Dodgers, because there was a story about Torre getting slightly steamed over it, since it's well known that Orel's name was bandied about for a Dodger job and that he supposedly would like to manage.

As for the hair, here's hoping the whole thing leads to the Dodgers just getting rid of this silly rule. No, I don't like Manny's hair, either. But I'm a lot more concerned with how they play than with how they look.
              You're exactly right, it was The Bulldog now that I think about it. I can now see why Orel may have belabored the point, because it certainly did seem that he went on and on about it. Not that I completely disagree with all he said, but the part that fired me up personally was his comment about Martin going through the motions (or something to that effect). If there is anyone who seems to live and die with each game, it is Russell.
              "I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it." - Sandy Koufax.

"My name is Yasiel Puig. I am from Cuba. I am 21 years old. Thank you."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X