Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe it, 1st place, let's see how long it lasts

Comment

• Wouldn't get too excited about being in first place at this stage - if the season continues the way it has with the 5 teams in the NL West playing a game of leap frog, by this time next week any one of the teams could occupy the top spot. It is at playoff time that the DODGERS need to be in 1st place.
      "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." ~Humphrey Bogart

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Comment

• After losing 13 of 14, the Dodgers have now won 13 of 14!!

Comment

• What a team! How sweet it is--the fruits of victory!!

Comment

• HAHA won again, 14 of 15!!!

Betemit still on fire

Comment

• Looks like a new streak has begun!

And just so we don't jinx anything per Mojo's request... Dodgers STILL Suck!

Comment

• Finally we have 2 men on base in the 8th against SF and Nomar is up , the count is 1-2 and Nomar has just Ked out and here comes Jeff Kent with 2 down . Oh no !!! Jeff Kent just fouled out to eend the threat.
                Last edited by TheKingofKings; 08-13-2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• 15 of 16!!

Wooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maddux is washed up!!

But We still stink!!!

Comment

• Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!
                    Using a stolen chant from Boston Celtics fans whenever an L.A. team is playing up there just reeks of inferiority complex.

If hitting a baseball is the toughest thing to do in sports, then pitching must be the easiest thing to do in sports.

Comment

• I watched the Dodger/Giants game tonight on ESPN until Maddux left the game.
                      He pitched eight innings of shutout ball and only threw 63 pitches. This is one of the finest performance of the year. Not bad for a 40 year old man with over 4,500 innnings under his belt. It was like going back into the mid 90's. Vintage Maddux. He located all of his pitches perfectly and did an incredible job of changing speeds. That man flat out knows how to pitch. If you get more vintage performances like this out of Maddux, you will run away with the division. A game like this brings out many fond memories of Maddux when he was with the Braves. It was absolutely spectacular.
                      "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
                      -Casey Stengel

Comment

• There was something that really resonated with me regarding Maddox tonight. I think it was Joe Morgan who commented that the Bonds deep fly would have been a home run at Wrigley field. And then instead of talking about what a great performance Maddox had, we'd be talking about another loss on his lackluster win/loss record.

Hurling half the time from the mound in pitcher-friendly Dodger Stadium has the potential to help a smart pitcher like Maddog out more than the average joe.

Comment

• Joe Morgan trying to be objective during a Dodger broadcast is a joke.

Comment

• Friday, August 4, 2006

Los Angeles 6, Florida 2 at Dolphins Stadium

W - Derek Lowe (9-7)
                            L - Aníbal Sanchez (4-2)

LA 6 runs, 11 hits, 0 errors
                            FLA 2 runs, 6 hits, 1 error

HR - Wilson Betemit, LA (2), Kenny Lofton, LA (2)

Dodgers' record - 54-55 (3rd in NL West)

QUICKIE RECAP: Fresh from Greg Maddux's impressive Dodger debut, the Dodgers headed down I-75 to South Florida to take on the surprising Marlins (admit it, most of you thought that they'd be worse than the Pirates at this point of the season) and three of their best young arms (we missed out a chance to hurt Dontrelle Willis again). Derek Lowe faced off against Aníbal (doesn't rhyme with "Hannibal," although it's the same name) Sanchez, and they both threw well, except that Lowe allowed one less run and one less hit in one more inning. Kenny Lofton homered and drove in two runs, but there was one stat that puzzled me. I'm pretty sure that Wilson Betemit hit his first HR as a Dodger on August 1. So why did ESPN say that this game was the one where he first went yard wearing Blue? They can't use the "game start at 10:00 PM" excuse, because that game was played in the Eastern Time Zone. In any case, ESPN should stick to what it does best: covering the Yankees and the Red Sox.
                            SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
                            "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

• Saturday, August 5, 2006

Los Angeles 10, Florida 2 at Dolphins Stadium

W - Chad Billingsley (3-3)
                              L - Josh Johnson (9-6)

LA 10 runs, 15 hits, 0 errors
                              FLA 2 runs, 8 hits, 2 errors

HR - None

Dodgers' record - 55-55 (T-2nd in NL West)

QUICKIE RECAP: The Dodgers finally made it back to .500 immediately after losing eight straight games, and it took their most successful pitcher in that span to get them there. Chad Billingsley pitched 6 innings of 3-hit ball to record his third career win, all after the All-Star break, as the Dodgers pounded the NL's ERA leader, Josh Johnson, for 8 hits and 5 runs in only 3 innings. Andre Ethier went 3-for-3 with 2 RBIs, Rafael Furcal drove in 3 more, and James Loney also drove in 2 runs. The only thing that needed fixing in the game was Billingsley's control, as the only run he surrendered was on a bases-loaded walk to catcher Josh Willingham. He only allowed two walks, but he was making too many pitches and the counts seemed to go full on almost every batter. And we can't look to Rick Honeycutt for help, either. In any case, the Dodgers became the first team since the 2001 Cubs to lose eight straight and then win eight straight. None of the other teams to do so have made the postseason. I hope this breaks the trend.

Comment

• Sunday, August 6, 2006

Los Angeles 7, Florida 3 at Dolphins Stadium

W - Mark Hendrickson (1-4)
                                L - Scott Olsen (9-5)

LA 7 runs, 11 hits, 0 errors
                                FLA 3 runs, 8 hits, 2 errors

HR - None

Dodgers' record - 56-55 (T-2nd in NL West)

QUICKIE RECAP: Back on July 26, if someone had told me that the Dodgers would be back over .500 in the first week in August, I would have dismissed that person as a Dodger homer who believes that every season should end 162-0. Sure, I dreamed it would happen, but then I'd be cautious of some misfortune about to happen to me. Nevertheless, LA is now one game over .500 after an average game by Mark Hendrickson of all people. The former Sixer went 6 innings, allowing three runs, but he left the game trailing 3-1 and only an outburst by the Dodgers in the seventh inning saved him from getting the loss; in fact, it gave him his first career win in the National League. Ramon Martinez led off the seventh with an infield hit and advanced to third on a bunt single by Rafael Furcal and a passed ball, and then Jason Repko walked to load the bases. Julio Lugo also walked, forcing in a run, and Olmedo Saenz did the same to tie the game. Wilson Betemit (who needs Danys Baez anyway?) hit a 2-run single and Toby Hall followed with a 2-run double to finish the scoring. The Marlins used four pitchers in the fateful seventh, and one of them figures to be out for a while, as Logan Kensing left the game with elbow soreness while pitching to Lugo. Afterwards, it was revealed that "owner" Jeffrey Loria was ready to fire manager Joe Girardi after he told him not to argue with the umpires over balls and strikes. Although it would have been unfair, it wouldn't have surprised me, as everything Loria touches gets ruined (see the Expos).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X